Fairphone owners in the USA (FP2 FP3 FP4 FP5)

Hi 2allseew,

Thank you! This is valuable information.

Yes, I’m curious to hear if any Fairphone 4 owners in the USA have had any luck turning on lte/volte with the stock ROM? Has anyone tried calling t-mobile?

Also, would there be any reason to be hesitant to call T-Mobile? As my 5g, 4G and most functions of the phone seem to be working quite fine.

I’m curious also, why is it that Lineage seems to work fine, but not the stock ROM?

I’ve taken some time to look through some forums, please forgive me if I’m missing some basic information!

Kindly,

Hello, if your FP2 is still basically functional, have a look here if you didn’t notice yet: Fairphone 2 - Complete at most, Mainboard at minimum Wanted You might make someone happier. :slight_smile:

Hi urs_lesse,

Thank you for thinking of me! I definitely would want to share and make the most use of my FP2, however I am planning to keep it for international travel and other adventures when I don’t want to be lugging around a nicer phone. I’m also contemplating other ways I might keep it in use. I will keep this post in mind if I know of anyone who might be wishing to pass on for better use!

2 Likes

I wish FairPhone 4 can use for any provider.

What does that mean? What provider do you want to use?

As Verizon service in United States.

I do own FairPhone 4. I noticed some problems with microphone everytime I answered a phone call.

Be careful not to cover the mic, bottom left :slight_smile:

I need some help me to fix this problem as sooner as possible.

You could try a safe mode start.

Check Google doesn’t limit the mic usage

If you can save you personal data do a factory reset.

I am from Puerto Rico who own FairPhone 4. Now I am Brooklyn, NY.

2 Likes

Best provider for US seem to be T-Mobile

1 Like

Did you try the workaround to toggle speaker mode on/off?

But I wish to use Verizon service.

FP doesn’t work well with Verizon in the USA. You are using a phone that is not officially supported in the United States. T-Mobile is your best option. If you are using the stock ROM, it will not work well, either. You will need to use a ROM like Lineage. Many have confirmed that FP works with T-Mobile if you are using Lineage. If you are determined to use Verizon or the stock ROM, you will most likely need to change your phone to a model that is something other than the FP.

6 Likes

I lost my hope. I waste money for FairPhone 4.

Money use is a pain. See if you can focus on other valuables, apologies if that is insensitive but I wouldn’t answer if I didn’t care.

:om:

Please guide me as step by step? Another problem. I noticed that every time I got phone calls or receive a phone call my voice is not go through the other side of the person who make the phone call to me.

Do you think that only happened to FairPhone 4?

Can guide me as step by step? Please?