Fairphone OS 18.02.0 release

Fairphone OS 18.02.0 is available through your updater.

The release includes security fixes from Android Public Security Bulletin from February 2018 (partial). For all details and other installation options, see the full release notes.

Please note: Due to missing platform vendor specific patches, the Android security patch level will remain December 1, 2017. Protecting our users is our top priority, and as this month’s software update addresses some important security issues, we have decided to not wait with releasing this month’s update. We are working closely with our platform vendor to address the
remaining issues as quickly as possible.

Best,
Franz

15 Likes

Again, update went flawlessly! Good job, Thx!

5 Likes

The hyperlink does not work: “The page you were looking for doesn’t exist”

1 Like

Fixed. 18.02.0 is still missing there right now, though.

2 Likes

The page fairphone.com/release-notes mentioned on my phone when I start the updater re-directs to https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/208342503, where I read “Fairphone OS 18.01.1 (Android 6.0) – released in January 2018 – is the latest version available for the Fairphone 2.” I was actually hesitant to install this update, until I went to this forum and found that 18.02.0 is in fact the latest release. Maybe you should consider updating that page.
All the best, Tomas

It should show the right content now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Release notes are shown correctly and update installed correctly, thank you.

If I am not mistaken, there are no fixes yet for Meltdown and Spectre (CVEs 5715, 5753, 5754), right? Do you have a timetable for them?

2 Likes

After Update Mobile-Login into GMail does not work any more. It seems like the “activation”-Screen from Google does not come through any more…

–> Sorry, suddenly it worked again… don’t know what actually triggered the non-conection

I updated.
Now my phone reboots every hour or so.

I did the update, now the phone reboots every 30 minutes or so. Please recover…

About the constant roobooting I have most problems with Whatsapp.

The md5sum for “Android 6.0 -> FP2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 18.02.0” on your support website Fairphone OS downloads for Fairphone 2 doesn’t seem to match.

• The website claims the correct md5sum to be 9a6fbf6eca55c721c204fc4900a6af99
  • Yet, I downloaded the file in different browsers and ended up with a file having the md5sum b38d06a3eaed46ff5bbb79c3194c9ced

Could you please verify file and md5sum in your support article - thx!

2 Likes