Fairphone OS 17.12.1 is now available

Besides the KRACK vulnerability was fixed by an update on 24th October, prior even to the 17.10.2 update.

As to your problem.
I am unfortunately lost, as the update worked absolutely smooth for me.
I guess nothing else has changed besides the update; as you surely would have checked that (new app installed, new router …).
Are you on the Fairphone OS or OOS?
Just hope, some technically able person can help you.

2 Likes

Have you rebooted the phone already?
Sometimes a simple reboot helps with any connection loss.

3 Likes

I presume the Open version update will come later again?
The updater still says that my Fairphone Open 17.11.2 is the latest version.

1 Like

Thank you, AnotherElk! I rebooted the phone and now it works fine again. (I must admit that I feel a bit stupid now. I should have learned that updating helps already years ago with Windows… :wink: )

7 Likes

No problems after update

1 Like

It might be a hardware issue; please test the display with Checkup (built-in under Settings -> Maintenance).

We are working on it - will come ASAP.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. The problem disappeared as fast as it came up without any actions from my side. Everything fine now - except the battery problem still remaining.

Hi, since i upgraded my fairphone 2 to OS 17.12.1, most of my apps crash after a while (2-3min). I have to wait until i get this message “The app isn’t responding. Do you want to close it?” Is this a common problem since 17.12.1 ? How can i fix it ? Thank you !
(My fairphone is new i have it since september and it has well worked until now, i didn’t change anything after the upgrade)

Do your apps have something in common (e.g. use of Bluetooth or GPS)?

1 Like

No pressure, no rush.
I just wanted to make sure my updater was working properly.

My suggestion for future announcements: Include a statement about both Fairphone versions, e.g. “Fairphone xx released, Fairphone Open xx to come in about 3 weeks”.

Usually that’s not necessary as lately both OSes came at the same time (I remember the last few times I always updated the oslist for both OSes at once).
Something unexpected must have happened this time and for unexpected things it’s always hard to lay out a timetable.

1 Like

No, and i almost always have bluetooth and GPS disabled.

2 Likes

Works fine here. Didnt detect any issues with it. Updated from 2017.11.x

Hm, my updater still says I’m up to date with 17.11.2. How do I convince it to refresh?

Version 17.12.1 has been released for Fairphone OS, but not for Open OS (yet). Maybe that answers your question. :wink:

3 Likes

Second occurrence of this now at least … which reminds me …

Well, it only seems to become a problem when the releases are too far apart like with 17.12.x now.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fairphone Open 17.12.1 is now available