Fairphone Open OS 16.05

I had the same problem as @Lidwien. I had to download the latest OpenGAPPS package before step 2 worked, but now it works. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This time the update did not work for me.
Tried using the updater app, as well as downloading the the file manually and start it from amaze.

Both times I saw a couple of error messages in TWRP, particularly regarding not being able to mount partitions (e.g. data). Maybe because it is encrypted?

Wiped cache, tried again no luck.
Next week (while traveling) I will continue to use 16.04, will try updating again when I am back home.
First time on my FP2 the update didnā€™t work. Maybe because I am still on the 16.04RC?

Worked for me too, thanks a lot! Only some app icons where deleted.

Same situation here (encrypted user data, error messages in TWRP) - but the upgrade went just fine. So there must be another reasonā€¦

Just to confirm - Bluetooth Audio fixed. Enjoying Spotify in my beaten old Toyotaā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I followed your suggestion, also from @maba007.
Installed Open OS 16.05 and reboot.
The phone started as normal. I checked, yes I have installed update 16.05
O no, :rage: Again the screen says Loading and the whole crap starts again. I am in the loop again of Android optimising, loading etc.
So again I had to clear Dalvik Cache and Cache partition, reboot.
Now the phone starts normal, but all my icons and widgets are gone.
OkĆ©, installing OpenGapps pico zip, TWRP canā€™t find OpenGapps pico, itā€™s in the storage instead of the sd-card.
Restarting the phone, trying to move OpenGapps pico zip to the sd-card. no permission.
Sd-card copy to computer, sd-card format in the phone, now I can move OpenGapps pico zip to the sd-card.
Restarting the phone, installing OpenGapps pico.
Restarting the phone, Installing Titanium Backup again.
enable Root, restore the whole lot.
And finally I can use my phone again.
What an exercise. But in the end I succeeded. :relieved: :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, my commands check out the newly tagged version.

Sadly not, but you can run the repo init in your current tree, no need to redownload. Hopfully Fairphone will fix the branches, so a repo sync should be enough.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Thank you for spelling out what you did. I will now try to follow your steps and get out of the boot-loop myself.

Could someone check if the clock still resets after reboots?

Itā€™s not mentioned in the release notes, but I have a feeling it could be related to the previously missing

Iā€™d test it myself, but my touchscreen currently doesnā€™t work after an unfortunate incident with the toiletā€¦ :droplet: :toilet:

It seems like it doesnā€™t do that anymore. Furthermore, my GPS works now and also the screen doesnā€™t flicker anymore. Iā€™m very happy with this update! :slight_smile:

Edit: Sorry to hear about your incident! :frowning: I hope your phone recovers soon!

Edit2: Hey @paulakreuzer, after others reporting that the clock still resets on their phone I booted my phone on airplane mode and yes, it still does reset. Without airplane it just gets the info so quick that I couldnā€™t notice.

1 Like

For me the clock reset still happens. It looks like the time until the click is set is shorter now. Doesnā€™t happen all the time.
But, yes, great release, Iā€™m also very happy with it!

2 Likes

Confirm that behaviour. Clock reset after reboot is still there.

1 Like

Does anybody have checksums for the prebuilt images?
It seems the download page has not beeen updated yet: http://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html

MD5:
73702b53e239302005ad55ff05539a48 fp2-sibon-16.05.0-image-userdebug.zip
ad533205938163686aaed40a75073fcd fp2-sibon-16.05.0-ota-userdebug.zip
SHA256:
c4ec8ead547ecc7e81bf9a78dc80b78823eeda7f942f1a703869a30593a0cc13 fp2-sibon-16.05.0-image-userdebug.zip
4481c6cbb7cd5bc6fbcd667231dd5ab6560cee1587dbc6dacb8b3da3c8c321fd fp2-sibon-16.05.0-ota-userdebug.zip

if you need more checksums, please message me, I just have these downloaded right now.

I have updated and have no GAPPS but gps it is not working for me. Did you do anything?

Hi @paulakreuzer
With Open OS 16.05, the clock still resets on poweroff or reboot.
Besides, I thought Iā€™d try quickboot again after the upgrade, but I cannot find this setting anywhere anymore :-/
Also, I donā€™t know where this Setup Wizard is.

Yeah thanks, Iā€™ve been told. :frowning:

Same as with 1.3.6: The quickboot bug is not fixed yet so they decided to remove quickboot alltogether for now. I guess it will be available again when the bug is fixed.

I guess it only appears if you install 16.05 without having Open OS installed before.

THX for the Bluetooth update, works fine!
Still no GPS. My FP doesnā€™t find my location at all :frowning:

I made some changes to the gps.conf. Now my gps is good.
More information at gps doesnā€™t work on fp open os with opengapps
If you havenā€™t installed opengapps, then try Āµg unified nlp with installation guide from F-Droid.

2 Likes