Fairphone Open 18.02.0 released

Fairphone Open 18.02.0 is available through your updater.

The release includes security fixes from Android Public Security Bulletin from February 2018 (partial). For all details and other installation options, see the full release notes on code.fairphone.com.

Please note: Due to missing platform vendor specific patches, the Android security patch level will remain December 1, 2017. Protecting our users is our top priority, and as this month’s software update addresses some important security issues, we have decided to not wait with releasing this month’s update. We are working closely with our platform vendor to address the
remaining issues as quickly as possible.

Best,
Franz

8 Likes

If you can’t use the Fairphone updater, the download can be found here.

4 Likes

The update went flawlessly.

4 Likes

Upgraded from the app and reinstalled Xposed with TWRP, all went smoothly.

2 Likes

I was a little bit worried about the “3rd party installs” description, but all went smooth updating from the previous version 18.01.1 and the F-driod store.

Update went through well as far as I can see up to now.

Just one observation: there was the warning

skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found

I am not sure if this warning appeared before or not. As I am used from Linux to always check the correctness of the download, I would recommend to provide an MD5 file with the update.

Update went without any problem for me too.

Update went flawless.
But when the phone started again, the battery level had dropped from 61 to 37 % and the phone turned hot.
After I turned it off again, waited a few minutes and then turned it on again, everything went fine.

I have one suspicion for that behaviour as well as for some reboots: the clock-widget.
As to why:
I had a longer list of wake-up-call times programmed, so I just have to (de)activate the relevant times for the day instead of changing the time programmed. And I use three wake-up-call times five minutes apart instead of the snooze function, as I don’t trust myself to not turn off the alarm accidentally, oversleeping this way. :wink:

Sometimes after rebooting the phone seemed to work off the list of wake-up-call times, like it missed them all, even though only three times were activated.
The top line of the display was full of alarm-clock symbols and the phone started ringing over and over again.
Usually the phone had to be rebooted because of this.

Come to think of it, I might have posted most of this in the random reboots thread.

Update on encrypted phone from 18.01.1 to 18.02.0 went flawlessly.