Fairphone Open 17.06.4 (Android 6.0) release

Is the SD-card-writing-problem still existent on Android6? I told my cameraMX and OpenCamera to write to my SD-card. LeafPic shows me the fotos, but in the Windows-Explorer, all files have 0KB file size and I can’t open them.
Do I still have to change the platform.xml?
How do I get my pictures back???

Downgrading to 17.04.0 has not worked for me. The phone is trapped in a reboot loop - it does the “optimizing apps” thing, then it briefly flashes an error message that “unfortunately…” something, and it reboots and starts again.

I want to try upgrading back to 17.06.4, and then see if I can use TWRP to upgrade XPosed. Can someone point me to the manual-userdebug version of 17.06.4?

@jeanrjc: Are you still having this issue? I had the same issue and got my Fairphone working again by loading the OTA Build switcher from here: https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html

This will destroy all your apps and data !!

1. Boot to TWRP
  2. Get ‘adb’ (android developer bridge) on your computer. This depends on what operating system you use, but one way to do it is to install Android Studio.
  3. Download this FP Open ROM: https://storage.googleapis.com/fairphone-updates/7331b609-5926-4507-9401-bf13d28115f7/fp2-sibon-17.06.4-ota_from_gms-userdebug.zip
  4. Choose the adb sideload option in TWRP
  5. run 'adb sideload path/to/fp2-sibon-17.06.4-ota_from_gms-userdebug.zip

Voila.

I guess that would somewhen replace the 17.04.0 version currently present in the Installation Guide, so it’s not there yet.

How about booting into TWRP without flashing it and then using the OTA file?

1 Like

What Gapps should I install? the one I’m already using or…? Thanks

Hooray! It’s back up and running! And I don’t seem to have lost any data.

This procedure actually resolves a long-running question I had. I have XPrivacy installed specifically to prevent apps slurping my address book. But the way I’ve installed updates before, the phone briefly boots without XPrivacy. I don’t know if, so I assume that, apps are briefly started in the background and do indeed slurp my address book before I have a chance to re-install Xposed.

So the correct solution is:

• Download the OTA update as a zip file
  • Download Xposed from here: http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/sdk23/arm/
  • Copy those onto the SD card
  • Boot into TWRP
  • Install both (in the case of Xposed, it seems necessary to disable integrity checking)
  • Immediately after booting, run Xposed Installer and check it’s installed correctly

No. This update brings Android 6, you need to download also you favorite opengapps package for Android 6.

Thanks, that did it. Indeed I had to boot directly into recovery after flashing TWRP via fastboot, otherwise it would have been overwritten by FPOOS. Now I can make backups of my encrypted data partition.

In conclusion the stock TWRP (3.0.2) has two major flaws for me:

• Encrypted data partition cannot be mounted (which prevented me from flashing official TWRP directly from recovery).
  • Reboot and shutdown options don’t work, instead the phone freezes and has to be rebooted by holding down power for ten seconds.
1 Like

That’s what I thought but just to be sure… :wink:

What version of xposed should I install (just to be sure also)

Reading all above messages I’m a bit worried… I don’t want to spend my sunday trying to make my phone work again… I’ll see…

1 Like

Hi, you need sdk23/arm for Marshmallow. And don’t forget to update GravityBox aswell. There is a separate GravityBox for MM.

1 Like

Hi there!
Will there be a fastboot / manual update package for A6?
I have some trouble with my FP2 and want to have a completely clean installation. I know, that I could use manual package of A5 and than do OTA, but I think fastbooting A6 would be “cleaner”.

1 Like

So far so good… but what’s the deal with the launcher? I chose fairphone launcher and it’s not fairphone launcher…

Trying to install gravitybox now… wish me luck…

Also how come there’s only the “turn off” option when pressing the on/off button? No “reboot” option or any other…

You will find it at “Features that will be gone” …

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001671246

Nooooooon :scream: I want the fairphone launcher from the side of the screen again!!! Is it not possible to still integrate it? After all, it is the Open version… :wink:

Everything seems to be working fine till now… let’s wait and see.

Ok, so you want to quickly head over there:

Yeahy!!! Great thanks!

Phone is charging right now and it’s so very hot!!! :anguished: I’m sure that if I touch it for a few moments I’ll burn my hand… Not nice

2nd reply: Advanced Power Menu+ (APM+) gives back the vibrate button, hanged the system after install, but is fine now.

Just a guess, but maybe the high temperatures across Europe might have something to do with the phone feeling hotter than usual?

:slight_smile: probably not enough Fairphones… But yes, i also have the strong impression that the phone is getting hotter, also while running on battery. I think the cpu clock is higher, on average