Fairphone Open 17.03.0 is now available

And localisation symbol is back!!! (when gps is turned off) :disappointed:

Yes, I strongly agree to that. Itā€™s so annoying - waiting for the post saying that the new release is out, then waiting again and checking every day if the sources are yet availableā€¦
And sometimes even when they are available the blobs package is outdated or you get compile errors.

1 Like

Hey,
I tried to move from FPOS to FPOOS (fp2-sibon-17.03.0-ota-userdebug.zip) but it failed.
I followed the instruction from
https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-installation-instructions.html#
but after rebooting, the crashed
here is the error message:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
did anyone experienced this ?

If you now try entering Recovery Mode = Volume+ & Power On do you get a TWRP recovery screen or standard recovery screen?

You need to use fp2-sibon-17.03.0-ota_from_gms-userdebug.zip

Sorry, I donā€™t understand.
When do you suggest to enter in recovery mode ?
(also I donā€™t know what TWRP means)

After launching the file with FP updater, the phone reboot, then I get the droid icon to illustrate the update process. After some time it crashes, the droid is lying down with the error message I wrote on the lower part of the screen.
On the upper part are written in red the different options:

reboot system now
Apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader
power down
view recovery logs
apply update from sdcard

That is standard dic:recoverymode. TWRP is the recovery mode that comes with Open OS. So that means you are still on FP OS. Choose [quote=ā€œManolo, post:46, topic:26998ā€]
reboot system now
[/quote]

and try again with the right file.

Using the correct file helps !
Thank you for you advice/explanationā€¦

1 Like

In fact phone freezes when plugged in for chargingā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.