Fairphone Open 16.08.0 is now available

After I have upgraded to 16.08 successfully, happend follows…

• All folder with files (except “Android”, “Lost Dir”) disappeard from SD Card.
  • I create a new folder with Amaze. After reboot folder disappeard.
  • I connect via USB with my PC and create a new folder. After reboot FP2 disappeard newly created folder.
  • I create a new folder via Open Camera. After reboot disappeard.
  • Changed 3 other SD cards. Same behavior.
  • I installed SDFix app which mentioned in this forum says that my SD card already writable, there for no need this app.

Any ideas? Help?

How can one send a bug report? Anybody know this?

Installed the new version… went fine via the updater.

I also installed pico Gapps without any problem.

On boot, there’s a white fine line on the left and top side of the phone (as with FP1 Macadamia before it got fixed).

I also have crazy pixel behaviour at the left bottom side of the screen… big pixel boxes that move weirdly.

That’s all for now.

You start a topic in the forum describing the issue and if reports from others indicate it’s reproducible then I move the topic to #software:bug-reports and put it on the #bugslist::tag.

Also…

Phone was off charging during the night. Today it was blocked on the fairphone screen (I had to take battery out to restart) was hot (again) and not fully charged.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Apps like waveup drain the battery

I totally agree that this is quite dangerous and would like to emphasize it again here! @anon36364121: Please remove it (or at least ask the user as proposed by @Roboe).

2 Likes

I also don’t see what is it needed for. Wiping data should be done when changing from Open to GMS or viceversa, ok, but the manual ZIP is not for that purpose, there’s a specific Open-to-GMS ZIP, :confused:

Stupid phone :frowning::angry: I’m heartbroken and can’t take it anymore!

Here we go again: check out my battery stats… I don’t believe it… phone back from repairing and I’m having lots of problems again…

I tell you this: if the bluetooth problem is resolved for the FP1, I’m selling FP2 without looking back… this is NOT a reliable phone I’m very very sorry to say…:sweat:

Charging with the phone off does not work on FP Open atm. (bug)
Please do the battery reset ( batteryguide ) and put the phone in airplane mode while charging overnight instead of turning it off.

1 Like

I got that but still believe it’s a very very big and unfortunate bug…

Yes, version 2.8.7.0 (though I didn’t install it manually - I just follewed the default instruction for FP Open installation).

Interesting idea. In which manner has TWRP to do with the bug?

It’d be interesting to try to flash other recovery.img partitions in that case…

I have no idea, I just thought it might, since TWRP has the wrong time too. Although lately for me that is not true anymore. After I switched OSs back and forth and restored about a hundred different backups lately for some testing now my latest backups all have the right time and were not created in 1970.

1 Like

Btw: I can confirm that the QuadRooter check now says all vulnerabilities have been fixed

4 Likes

Good news!!! With FairPhone Open 16.08.0 I tried again to connect an USB keyboard via OTG cable to the phone. And now it works really fine!
Now I have ordered a cable, that I am abel to connect keyboard, mouse and charger to the phone.

1 Like

ah, that explains why the recovery crashes trying to load the charging animation when the phone is shut down and connected.

Since everything is using electric current to transfer data in your intended setup, please don’t be alarmed when you can not use keyboard and mouse while the charger is plugged in unless they are bluetooth devices.

I thought the same, but expect the hub to be smart and supply charge to the keyboard and mouse too.

that’s not the issue. the micro usb port will receive power which equals a big fat ONE, there is no room for data. fast charging is done by short circuiting the data pins in the usb port to enable higher charge transfer than the 500mA of the usb v2 standard.

2 Likes