Fairphone keeps going to Silent mode instead of Vibrate

I have a big problem here.
My phone should always be on Vibrate (never ring, why should it?).
So I tried to set the default configuration to vibrate only. But it considered I was in Vibrate mode instead of saving the default setting. Anyways that’s ok I can remain on vibrate mode.

But since then, without understanding why, when and how, my phone keeps going to silent mode (not even vibrating) which actually makes me miss a lot of incoming calls which really sucks.

Anyone had the issue also?

Any clue about how to solve this?

Thanks

Hi Augustin,
Did you install AudioGuru or some other such ringtone/alert volume manager in the past? This same issue happened to me because I installed it, programmed the quiet times (at night and during work hours). Soon I decided I preferred to not use it because I would stay up later some nights and miss calls/msgs. So I turned it off. But then sometimes my phone would crash or I would reboot and sometimes it would turn the AudioGuru service back on. Not always and I never figured out why. Anyway after I did the unified storage update I did not re-install it and So Far things are normal :slight_smile:

Another option could be the normal volume controls. If you have the sound on, then you press the volume down button repeatedly it will decrease the volume to 0 with vibe, then if you press again it will turn off the vibe. Not sure if the volumes of all things (ringer, media, alerts,etc.) are linked on your phone or not, but if so you may have turned off your ringer vibe accidentally when turning off another volume.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Augustin no-reply@fairphone.com wrote:

I have a big problem here.
My phone should always be on Vibrate (never ring, why should it?).
So I tried to set the default configuration to vibrate only. But it considered I was in Vibrate mode instead of saving the default setting. Anyways that’s ok I can remain on vibrate mode.

But since then, without understanding why, when and how, my phone keeps going to silent mode (not even vibrating) which actually makes me miss a lot of incoming calls which really sucks.

Anyone had the issue also?

Any clue about how to solve this?

Thanks

Posted by Augustin on 10/22/2014

1 Like

@consuela Thanks a lot! You are absolutely right, it goes to unvibrate when pressing the volume button down once again when at level 0.
At least now I know about the why. Not sure there is a way to disable this unwanted behaviour though, but I’ll keep searching and report if I find a solution.

2 Likes

Found the solution on this post:

android.stackexchange.com/questions/46335/can-i-remove-silent-mode-from-the-volume-rocker (I cannot add the link, the forum doesn’t allow me to do so).

The app refered “Vibrate mode by force” does the trick.

Thanks again

1 Like

Glad you sorted this.