Fairphone investment

Btw, I was thinking a bit more about this whole thing, and I’d say compared to a Kickstarter or Indigogo this is far more fair and transparent. You know what you’re gonna get whereas the other ones are made to lure you into a discount price or FOMO.

1 Like

Kickstarter and Indiegogo are platforms (normally) used for presales. This Fairphone thing is a real investment. It has the seriousness you will expect from such a thing.

7 Likes

Getting close to €2 Million

7 Likes

The 2 million mark has been (b)reached :slight_smile:
Screenshot_2018-08-12%20Oneplanetcrowd%20-%20Fairphone%20It%E2%80%99s%20time%20to%20expand%20our%20impact

Congratulations so far, Fairphone :+1:

11 Likes

The flow has greatly accelerated since Fairphone sent out another email last night. 300000 in little more than 24 hours, now even the maximum doesn’t seem impossible anymore.

I guess there will be some champagne & celebrations when the Community meets staff on wednesday and thursday.

Update tuesday, 14 Aug, 1 pm CET:
The crowdloaning limit of 2.5 million looks like it will be hit any time this afternoon. :star_struck:

8 Likes

And yes, we have reached the 2.5 million.:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

10 Likes

Awesome!! :star_struck: Happy to be one of 1827 Funders. :tada:

7 Likes

Me too!

I was hesitant to share I am investing, but now that the pool if full, I am happy to share that I am part of that next step for Fairphone. :grinning:

8 Likes

Same here. Can we have a badge for investors?

1 Like

I don’t see the need for a badge. It would be a signal that you had enough money to be able to invest.
What about the people who did want to invest, but just didn’t have to money to spare?

12 Likes

I am completely fine if there is no badge. I didn’t think too much before I posted. However, I think making an investment is not just about showing off with your money. There are so many possibilities to invest money. Therefore, I believe it’s remarkable that 1827 people choose to invest in Fairphone above everything else. As a consumer, you can use your money to vote: by buying a Fairphone instead of an iPhone you send a signal how would you imagine a better world. In contrast, as an investor, you make your decisions not based on how you would like the world to be, but on how you actually believe the world will be. I am sure there are people who really like the Fairphone project but believe that the company will not do well. Those will certainly not invest. But those who do certainly believe that Fairphone will continue to improve the world a tiny little bit.

What about the people who did want to invest, but just didn’t have to money to spare?

Anyway, once again I realize how trapped I am in my cozy filter bubble. I would have assumed that anyone can afford to loose 250 € (the minimum investment amount).

8 Likes

That´s half a FP2 :slight_smile: which may be lost some day.

I would had rather bought another FP2 for €550, so at least I would have had something to use in my hands. But my priorities are different atm.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Proud and grateful: Celebrating our crowdfunding success