English

Fairphone in US

I’m really interesting in something like the Fairphone 4. I saw it on LinusTechTips today and I was really interested. I’m wanting to upgrade my S10+ soon since the USB C port is dead and the battery is barely lasting, even though I’m still perfectly happy with the phone. The fairphone 4 would solve all this and it would be cool to be able to put LineageOS or other linux based OS’s on it. I’m wondering though what kind of issues arise when trying to use a phone in a place it wasn’t meant for. Is it mostly plug and play or a lot of difficulty.

3 Likes

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Just to avoid misunderstandings and perhaps disappointment, it’s not that easy to get a Fairphone 4 shipped overseas:

There are a small nunber of third party resellers though who might ship it outside of Europe, e.g. vireo.de in Germany. And It might also be helpful for you to get in touch with other Fairphone-interested people in the USA:

7 Likes

Given the specs of the FP4 and the list of supporte 4G bands - in comparison to the FP3+ - this makes it at least likely, that this phone will be aiming at overseas as well.
Though I have no idea, if they are actually working on it.
But, at least, when buying this phone in the EU and shipping it overseas, it should work without troubles. (Tbh, I really did not check with US carriers, but got carried away by the amount of added bands, while only bands 13 and 26 were dropped.)

4G-bands:
FP3+: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/13/20/26
FP4: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/18/19/20/28/32/38/40/41/71

2 Likes

When are you going to be coming to the USA?

Hi @MarkJoel777
Welcome to the forum.

This is just a user forum, but even if you asked Fairphone they are unlikely to be able to forecast that.

See other similar topics.

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=usa%20canada

2 Likes