Fairphone Delivery Agony thread

I’m aware which number is the right one. I never mentioned my ordernumber.
After your statement, that some customers ordered more than one phone, I was just wondering whether you know for sure that the number is given out per customer not per phone. Maybe this clears it up:

For example I thought it would be handled as follows:
customer 1 - 1 phone - #1
customer 2 - 3 phones - #2
customer 3 - 1 phone - #5

Whereas from your statement, I understood you were saying the numbers were given like this:
customer 1 - 1 phone - #1
customer 2 - 3 phones - #2
customer 3 - 1 phone - #3

So I was just wondering if you were simply guessing this, or if you know for sure? Or did you mean something else entirely by your statement?

It’s not the moment of ordering which give you your number, but the time your payment is arrived.
And yes, I think the amount of phone’s you pay is making a difference in the numbering.

It seems a little silly to direct people only to the queue number if that doesn’t actually represent the queue number of your phone!

So it’s been a complete waste of my time following the numbers game if I might well be two delivery batches further down the line.

2,000 phones difference (between 16420 and 14500) seems quite extreme for just people ordering multiple phones.

It would be nice if someone from Fairphone can answer this question. It is really confusing…

@Marco Could you please help us out clearifying this question?

Yes I can:

• The queue number is assigned to you at the moment we receive your payment
  • The number is assigned to your order and so not the individual phones in them, this indeed results in the situation that the queue number is not an exact match with the number of phones shipped out.

We originally implemented this number to at least give a little bit more of an idea of when your Fairphone would ship compared to the first batch in January. I have to admit it did not work out fully as planned sometimes even confusing people more then helping. I hope this clear up some of that confusion (as we tried to do in the blogpost).

The complexity of logistics and IT systems really came into play here. For next time we use these kind of number we will definitely take all your feedback and experiences into account.

For now please take it as a very rough indicator of when your Fairphone will ship (like the weather forecast). Sorry! I know it’s hard to wait for something you are so eagerly expecting!

I’d like to add that the “queue number” system, while not perfect, is at least a general outline of which week your phone will arrive and depart from the distribution center. In our experience, the number of phones shipped and the queue number are not too far apart, so that’s still the recommended way to estimate when your phone will ship.

It’s the best we can do with the pre-order model. We’re evaluating the entire order and delivery process with your feedback to improve the process in the future. Thanks for bearing with it all!

Hell, you could have nothing at all. So while it may not be perfect I’m still grateful for it!
Was a perfect estimate for when my phone got delivered. Now with higher queue numbers a bit of guessing and patiently waiting is all that’s needed. And it’s not like you keep us in the dark :wink:
On that note, thanks for clearing this up!

Thanks @Marco + @anon90052001!

Yes, it is! Wish I had ordered earlier. :frowning:

Thanks for clearing up.

It’s not really a complaint - I hope it isn’t taken that way! It’s just frustrating to be told its the queue number but then it not quite work out when you thought.

On the plus side - my phone status went to Awaiting Shipment today - fingers crossed it gets here before I head off on holiday!

Thanks guys! My Fairphone has changed its status to awaiting shipment! Can´t be more excited!

We added a new comment to the blog with the good news that over 4,000 phones are arriving in the distribution center today!

More news tomorrow on the blog.

My wonderful FAIRPHONE is shipping!!! :dancer: :dancer:

I’m so excited! :smile:

Mine’s on it’s way, too. I need to stop refreshing the page with the shipping number and just wait like a sane person.

1 Like

22/09/2014 10:44 Release Norway Oslo

Waaaaaaaaiting.

hi fairphoners!

on my order I read “complete” but I can’t check on gsl-italy.com my phone cause is still didn’t recognise the trkin number…

:frowning:

This week I ordered a second phone, for my dad. I got #21.494, in the shop it says the number of sold phones is 21.435. The small difference is weird, but the numbers are so close, that it leads me to believe the number I got in the mail is representing the actual phone. Hope this makes sense?

GuL

This is because, when someone cancels their order, their number is not re-used.