Fairphone 5 (lots of) bugs

I would advise to report this to fairphone support. Information under contactsupport

opened a separate topic, please follow-up there.

post a screenshot if formatted as internal extension it looks like this.

How about we make your first post in this thread a wiki post with a tabular overview of FP5 issues we have observed or otherwise know of and potentially links to respective discussion threads if relevant. The title of this thread is alreaddy quite fitting.

1 Like

I also use Simple Gallery Pro.
Another bug is that it’s not possible to see image preview from stock camera app (see screenshot).
I’m very disappointed…

It would be really good to know how you use your SD card. Have you defined the SD card as storage location for the pictures? I cant reproduce your issues. Using stock cam app with simple Gallery all pictures are saved and I can see the preview in the cam app. I dont use a SD card.

2 Likes

In problem for connect mi fair phone in car Bluetooth used android auto mi smartphone crash ed and restart in test used only bluetooth mode and same :pleading_face: no idea for this problem smartwatch and eraphone or anoteher bluetooth note have this problem plus this problem Is same in 3diferent car radio

1 Like

Yes, I use sd as location for pictures.
You’re right: setting internal memory instead, no bug!

1 Like

Another setting that gets cleared every day is permission to appear above other apps…

It is usually advised not to install your SD card as internal storage, but as external storage.
On several occasions, people have run into problems with the SD card installed as internal sotrage and lost all their data on the SD card.

1 Like

I don’t know where to find this setting

Outdated instructions

If you launch the FILES app, you should see both “FP5” and your SD card in the left side bar (triggered by tapping on the top-left corner “hamburger” icon consisting of three horizontal bars). If your SD card is formatted as external (“portable storage”), you should see the EJECT symbol next to it like here (from an FP3, my SD card labeled “SDXC200”):

If your SD card is formatted as internal (“phone storage”), I cannot really say what would be displayed in the same place. The SD card might not be listed in this place at all, or it might show, but without the EJECT symbol.

See Lidwien’s reply for up-to-date instructions.

2 Likes

I don’t have this layout in Files app.
Can you link me this app on Play Store/Fdroid?

When you selected the SD card storage for pictures in the camera app then it is def not formatted as internal storage extension.

And from that understand its the case

If you dont find the files app, maybe you use another one as well you can check in the settings as discussed in the topic I linked above

1 Like

Do you get an error message if you tap on the preview field in the FPOS stock camera app? On my FP4 (without an SD card) it says ‘Google Photos disabled, please enable it first’:

I also use Simple Gallery for my images. Maybe the integration of the stock camera app with Google Photos is the issue on your FP5 as well.

This is different on FP4 and FP5 on FP5 you can use a third party gallery without issues, and its working perfectly fine for me

1 Like

Cannot change colour palette.

There is a topic for this, please dont duplicate here, this topic here is not to collect all bugs please.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: FP5 Issues with App and Google Photos

For reference, there’s this FP5 wiki post for that now:

At the FP5 the app files doesn’t look like this.
The best to check if the SD-card is formatted as externel storage is:
Go to the app Settings
Go to Storage
Tap on ‘This device’ and change it to ***SD card ( *** name of the brand of your SD card, mine is Samsung)
Tap on the hamburger menu in the right upper corner
In the pop-up you will see
Rename
Eject
Format

If you see this, then your SD-card is set as external storage

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.