Fairphone 4 in the US - Experience Thus Far

Hello All! I thought I’d give a brief overview of my experience with a FP4 in the US. To be more specific, midwest United states. In short; it works, mostly. There are some weird times where I loose connection in places I wouldn’t expect, like on the sidewalk in a major city, or while driving on the interstate just outside of the downtown of a major city. However the experience is much better than that of the FP3. I am from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, South Dakota. I drove from a major Minnesotan city back home on a semi regular basis. That route often ended in me having no cell signal for significant portions of the trip, and almost no signal at all once I crossed into the South Dakotan border. However, on the FP4, I am able to have at least 4G signal almost the entire way, with only some spots having that 4G come in weak. To specify, calling of Signal was spotty but could hold most of the time, and the times where a call wouldn’t work, music streaming was serviceable. All in all, it’s much better than it used to be!

If anyone has any questions or wants more information, please let me know and I’d be happy to provide.

Some specs:

Phone: FP4, 256GB, 8GB RAM Speckled Green version
Mobile Network: T-Mobile(have not tested other networks on FP4 yet)
Build Number: FP4.FP4G.A.170.20220920

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone owners in the USA (FP2 FP3 FP4)