Fairphone 4 delivery? January / Feb / Mar

Same with mine, which is 2 years old. The microphone is completely out of order (no spare parts available!!) and the whole phone doesn’t work properly since months, it tends to react slower and slower. I get messages like “System-UI reagiert nicht” x times a day. Besides, the battery capacity was poor since the first day and it often gets hot while processing.
I really love the idea behind Fairphone but in the meantime I have to admit I’m really pissed because of all the trouble with my FP2 :unamused:
My FP1 was great, by the way… But couldnt be updated any more :woman_shrugging:

Hi klink

Regarding the mic have you considered getting it fixed by a shop

and as regards the slowness, can you save any personal info and do a factory reset maybe.

2 Likes

All smartphone producers experience delays, even Apple, as there is a shortage of chips and deliveries. It’s due to the pandemic.

4 Likes

Hmmm, at this very moment we run some four or five FP2 in our household (and are waiting for the first FP4 :wink: ). All are some 6 years old. During this time we experienced the one or other problem, mainly with the diplays, once with a motherboard, but never with microphones nor loudspeakers. Interesting.

5 Likes

With any new type of product it can often be a good idea to wait for the 3rd or 4th version/iteration - by that time the companies designing the products have usually had time to review feedback on what worked and didn’t work. This applies particularly to products that are treading new ground like the Fairphone.

Otherwise I think early adopters should be prepared for the possibility that things like this may happen with new products like this.

1 Like

On Tuesday via Twitter communication I got this response from a Fairphone member:

I have checked your order in our system and the expected delivery date is between 29/11 and 03/12.

Today I got this mail from Fairphone:

We wanted to let you know that we are experiencing some small shipping delays and that we have a new estimated delivery timeline. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Estimated delivery between 06/12 - 10/12

… “only” another week – but one more or less …

2 Likes

That says something about how or where you look, but let Purism help you out with an example …

(Librem 5 – Purism)

For those interested, here’s a direct link to the supply chain blog post they link to there … The Ball and Supply Chain – Purism.

4 Likes

Again: there is a worldwide shortage in chips, also for car manufacturers etc. This is why we have to wait.

2 Likes

To the OP: Yeah, I am also bummed by a three weeks bump-up in delivery time (December here). I understand what is going on; it’s all the same inconvenient.

Not quite as inconvenient as having to order a Google Pixel 6 from France or Germany, then rely on additional service to receive it and forward it to you. Then, if anything goes wrong, the phone goes all the way back through that same route for repairs or rma, then you also have communicate with people on the other end. And, rest assured, both German and French services will unlikely speak English with you.

To the rest: I am also a prospective new FP4-er. Long story short, I want an Android One phone, as my S10 is driving me nuts ever since Janury 2020. I wanted to go for Google Pixel 6, but guess what… Google considers most of Western Europe to be the middle of the bumf*** nowhere. So there goes that option. As a fellow techie, I hope to make do with FP4.

2 Likes

I’ll get mine tomorrow (8GB, 256GB) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice! Is it green or grey or speckled green? When and where did you order? :smiley:

3 Likes

It should be grey. I ordered it via https://circleshop.ch/fairphone/, got news earlier today, and can get it in one of their shops tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,

I ordered my grey 128GB version end of October (The Netherlands) and I’ve just received a mail it’ll be delivered in the next few days :smiley:

When I ordered it, the delivery time was estimated to be the 1st or 2nd week of January.

Which is great, because my current phone is driving me nuts because the battery is freaking out at times being at 50% charge and randomly shutting down the next moment :frowning:

Edwin

3 Likes

… and here it is – delivered on the last day = yesterday:

And if anyone has a »solution for the other two«, please let me know! ; )

4 Likes

You could offer them in the Market section :wink: There have been quite some messages from people who are looking for a second-hand FP lately.

5 Likes

Fairphone takes them back to recycle them. So do some shops e.g. here in Switzerland.

1 Like

Just an update that things are much the same. One of my daughters ordered the speckled one on 25th Dec and was given a 12 week eta.

I ordered my speckled green on 31th Oct. and received the following message:

2 Likes

I ordered the green FP4 on the 21st of November and received a similar email with a delivery indicated for the last days of January. Hooray!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.