Fairphone 4 delivery? January / Feb / Mar

Hello,

I was going to order the Fp4, and I see: delivery between January 14 and 17…
Is it common to have such long delays?
I for example, my phone just died, so I need to change. And I know another person who wanted the Fp4 and because of the delay will go to another phone.

Won’t this hurt the sales of the Fp4?

3 Likes

I don’t think Fairphone is doing this on purpose. It’s a small company and even the big ones have issues with a lack of necessary parts they need to build their products.
The FP4 was on shelf before, so I guess the long delivery times are coming from high demand. That’s the back swing, when a product is successful these times.

9 Likes

Hi That is not ‘common’ except in certain circumstances :slight_smile:
It depends upon location and the model you want to buy. Some, allegedly, are available in mid November.

Maybe you would like to declare your location and version you want to buy?

2 Likes

I tried with all the models, until it was time to pay. And it’s still mid January.
I live in the north of France, so it’s really not far.

1 Like

At the moment, only the grey 128GB model has six to eight weeks delivery time, all others 12 weeks. At least to Germany and Netherlands.

5 Likes

I’m thinking that this is really going to chill a lot of people.

Already by buying the Fp4, people accept to have a phone with a little less performance for more money. For ethical reasons. And on top of that, there is a 3 month delay. It still requires self-sacrifice.

I think that this will not make it easier for Fairphone to make sales.

4 Likes

Then try to buy a new car, good luck :wink:.
Again, it’s not on purpose, Fairphone for sure would like to sell much more phones, it’s just not possible at the moment.

6 Likes

I’m not saying it’s their fault. :slightly_smiling_face:
I just wonder if this will not penalize them more than the other big brands.

And personally, I don’t know which phone to buy now. :neutral_face:

1 Like

There are resellers, too. Perhaps you could check with them if you would have more luck with the delivery time if they ship internationally (I don’t see a French reseller listed currently) …

7 Likes

I spoke to Clove in the UK, who do international and they stated mid November, which I noted in the topic referred to.

What I didn’t say was that the customer service rep at Clove said they don’t trust Fairphone to deliver on time but they have to keep good faith, so mid Nov is what they were told.
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

On a side note, as of today, the Fairphone 3+ can be bought/ordered again with a delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks.

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)

6 Likes

My Fairphone 2 is about dead. I was just going to order a 4 but these delivery times are too long. I am surprised they have launched a phone which they can’t actually ship.

1 Like

Ok so it wasn’t a real launch just a look through the ephemeris at what is happening on the next spring tide.

It was a launch of the advert, not the phone. Buy your tickets for the coming show, dates to be announced.

Perhaps you could describe what is wrong with your FP2 to help you make it last a few weeks longer? Yes, it is frustrating that there seem to be problems with the delivery of the new phones. But Fairphone isn’t the only company with such problems at the moment.

4 Likes

I posted in another part of this forum, the microphone no longer works and bottom modules are no longer available. Subsequent to that the little buttons have fallen out of the case and one has been lost. It randomly reboots. The batteries I have for it, which are themselves replacements seem dodgy as battery life is now very variable.

(post deleted by author)

I have a blue case where a piece of one corner is missing. All buttons are there and it is still usable. If you PM me your address I can send it to you.

2 Likes

I doubt it. The FP3 seems fine.

4 Likes

That answers quite well why you cannot compare FP2 and FP3 (and most likely FP4)

Also you can hardly compare modular phones with normal glued phones.

Btw my FP2 is running since 5 years without big issues and I don’t handle it very carefully

9 Likes