Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

Why don’t you just cut, file or grind the whole a little bit wider?

1 Like

my first instinct was to say that I have no tools or skills required for that, but it turned out that a few hours with an ordinary nail file and silent prayer that I don’t damage the narrow band of the wood between the port cutout and the edge of the case did the job! still, I feel a bit icky about having to modify a product as expensive as that.

2 Likes

You could have used a different cable instead. But the world belongs to the brave :wink: .

call me crazy, but I’m not going to ditch a bunch of good cables that I’ve purchased specifically for durability after 8 months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Well, if you have two things, that don‘t fit together, you need a solution. Call me crazy, but I would rather ditch the cable, then the wooden case :wink: .

2 Likes

I would have used sandpaper to softly decrease the thickness of the cable plug instead of drilling a bigger hole in the case - but that’s personal choice :wink:

I had that problem too with the Bark case, I just widened it myself with a sharp knife (3 minutes of work). That’s the advantage of wood, right…
I had a few cables that would fit the original hole but my favourite cables wouldn’t fit, so I widened the hole.

2 Likes

I have a FP4 with a Fairphone protective case. The case feels somewhat bulky in my hand compared to the caseless phone, and it also makes it fiddly to access the power button to unlock the phone.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative case that provides good protection but is less bulky and has better access to the power button?

I have checked the replies in the thread but some of the suggestions are now a couple of years old, and maybe someone has found a better option since — and if anyone has a case going spare, I’ll happily take it off their hands :wink: