Fairphone 4 camera artifacts on 48MPx images?

Now that you say it, that’s correct. I never had those problems before and a sensor fault after one year would be pretty disappointing. Can somebody manually revert the update and see if the issue goes away? I have limited technical knowledge in that regard and have to use my phone often.

1 Like

Oh my god, you’re right. I can confirm this behavior. Everyone affected, please make sure to #contactsupport.

3 Likes

I had to chuckle a bit once I have read this post from OP, because I was just taking some pictures of my bunnies and their white fur was kind of colourful. I thought that maybe some weird white balance issues were in place, since sun was shining heavily.
Now when I read the post, I thought… Wait a second… would be nice to know the outcome of @twoexem and his request with the support. I was checking the changelogs and there were no changes when it comes to camera and sensors, which is quite weird.

I will add a support request as well, once I am at home @Razem

1 Like

I have the same issue, and my friend too.

It is not only the weird colours, but rather some edge smoothing algorithm that runs weird?

(zooming in):

4 Likes

Yes, I can also see this weird “maze” when I zoom in.

Good to know!

I sent a message to the support, linking to this article and with my images. Fingers crossed that they find the issue soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too will add to my open long ticket and refer to this thread. While taking the picture there are no artifacts visible

High resolution

Reduced resolution

4 Likes

Support hasn’t replied to me yet, I’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

This issue is now more than two weeks old. Has anyone received an answer yet?

I would be surprised if Fairphone has an answer to the problem so soon but hopefully they have acknowledged the complaints to those that bothered to inform Fairphone of the issue.

I added it to a ticket I opened on 01.10 and on 13.10 they told me the ticket was forwarded to the quality Team…since then no further updates, however as I never use full resolution its not a real issue for me.

1 Like

Same problems for me

My ticket was closed without receiving any answer. Fairphone support at its best.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Currently, the experts in our Software Team are investigating the issue and are liaising with the manufacturer to find the quickest possible solution for the issues you have reported. I have shared all information currently available to me with you.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation so far and want to assure you that we are doing our best to have this resolved as soon as possible.

We are still collecting all the information our customers have sent us.
It is a complicated issue as it is happening quite randomly, so we are working hard to find a pattern in order to reproduce it.

I kindly ask you to give us more time to investigate this. As soon as we have any news, I will make sure to immediately communicate it directly to you.

5 Likes

Randomly??? Guess most people just dont use it…

Someone in a german FB Group stated

That happens when shifting the Register of the cmos Sensor in HDR mode…probably someone shoult tell them, so they might find the issue faster

I cant because my ticket including 7-8 bugs was just set to solved after it was fowarded to the quality team🤔

2 Likes

Same here, only when shooting in “4:3 - High pixel”

2 Likes

I have an update from support:

regarding the color artifacts in high-resolution photos, our team was able to reproduce the error on the current build (A.170), but not on an upcoming Android 12 build. I can’t say if it will definitely be resolved with the first Android 12 build that comes out, but we’re working on it. We’ll let you know if we have any more news to share.

So let’s hope the upcoming Android 12 update will fix this.

8 Likes

This seems to me that it’s fixed. Is anyone able to still reproduce it? I tried to take a few quick shots that were previously problematic and it seems completely fine now.

4 Likes

I agree. I’ve tried a few 48mp shots with bright sources and I’m not seeing the rainbow artifacts I had with A11.

3 Likes