Fairphone 3 sales so far

And don’t forget, that a Fairphone employee - at least once in 2016 - presented a number :wink: :

2 Likes

Hey there! Our target for FP3’s sold in 2019 was 42K and we can happily say that we reached 43K before the end of the year :slight_smile: That brings us to a total over 200K FP’s sold total.

39 Likes

Hey, that’s really great to hear.
So the launch via press conference was successful. :slight_smile:

Hopefully you can keep the flow … :smile:

5 Likes

Stunning! :+1: Congratulations!

1 Like

This is really impressive. Good Work!

1 Like

That’s clearly more, than the numbers for the FP2.

According to a ZD-net article (:de:) from August 2016 they sold 45,000 FP2 within the first 6 months; now with the FP3 they sold 43,000 during the last 4 months of 2019.

11 Likes

This shows, that the stone is rolling and gaining speed…nice! :+1:

4 Likes

Also the number of people raised, who had at least heard of Fairphone. I mostly do not need to explain anymore what Fairphone is, but how it is.
So it is fair to say that the brand is spread already. Now the phone must prove to be what it is intend to be: a sustainable device.

11 Likes

Owning FP2 since 2018 and FP3 since 2020 I can tell, that FP3 outrivals FP2 in any respect, though I love them both. :revolving_hearts:
Especially the bumper FP3 ships with is extremely useful.

6 Likes

To me it is useless as I have to have a flip case or at least silicon case to protect the camera glass, more than once I have leaned on something hard forgetting about the phone in the pocket an shattering the glass. Right now I’m using a flip case from another brand of phone and although it kind of fits it also sucks.

3 Likes

I always crush the edges, never the glass :thinking: … so for me it does the job.
As of silicon cases that I tried on, I can tell that those for

• IPhone 6–8, X/XS/XR
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Huawei Mate 20 (Pro)
    do not fit. Even though the Huawei had the right size, the buttons were on the wrong side.
1 Like

I doubt that any case would fit since Fairphone is deeper than most smartphones due to its modular nature.

Wow! Great to see that FP is getting more known (and bought) nowadays!
:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If anyone has new data on sales it would be much appreciated
@formerFP.Com.Manager

FWIW
I am providing a link to a site, from ages past, as it also details some nice stats on wages.

“Unless something goes drastically wrong, the Fairphone 3 should be its biggest seller by far. Fairphone has sold a very modest total of 175,000 units of its first two phones since 2013 but the company aims to ship 42,000 units of the Fairphone 3 by the end of 2019 and “scale further” in 2020.”

“Building on its Worker Welfare Fund, Fairphone is in the process of rolling out bonus pay to to Taiwan-based Arima’s factory of 500 workers in Shouzu, China where Fairphone’s devices are manufactured. The bonus will be paid to bring wages up to living wages and while initially it was going to be paid only to workers on the Fairphone line, after discussions with workers and management “they indicated that it’s a better idea to spread the bonus over the whole company to avoid tensions.” There’s also a second bonus fund, which takes the form of a “higher product price to Arima” for making progress on working conditions and worker satisfaction.”

1 Like

Hi @anon9989719,

Sure! Our target for Fairphone 3 and 3+’s sold in 2020 was 110K, however we actually sold 95K. Our total number of phones sold since 2013 is 315K.

11 Likes

If my memory serves me right, that would mean that you sold more than the same number from 1 September to 31 December 2020 (48000) as in the period from 1 January to 1 September 2020 (47000) – i.e. twice as fast? :open_mouth:

EDIT: Well, upon a second thought, it seems plausible – the FP3+ was launched and the speed seems to have roughly returned to the level of the FP3 launch period one year before (Sep-Dec 2019). :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1:
Since I just now read, that smartphone sales in 2020 - due to corona - declined by 12.5%, that’s almonst spot on target.
If those 95.000 phones are just 87.5% of the sales the year before, you arrive at 108,571 phones.
As far as I know, the numbers are from Gartner and taken up by newspapers and media.
E.g. Forbes and tagesschau (German news)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.