Fairphone 3 official screen protectors

Doesn’t the price make sense as these are made especially to fit the FP3 and therefore can’t be produced in such a large number as Samsung and iPhone screen protectors? Even more so since not all users are going to buy one. I’m amazed they’re even on offer at all!

3 Likes

I don’t want to disturb Fairphone business, but there are lots already (sorry, site is in German) https://www.schutzfolien24.de/c/ALL/fairphone-3/

2 Likes

True, there are already protective shields.
But following your link, there are none made of tempered glas, that offer the kind of filters that Fairphone does.
There is one spy shield made from plastics and no blue light filter.

So, there at least is a genuine market for these Fairphone shields.

And here is the link in english:
https://www.protectionfilms24.com/c/ALL/fairphone-3/?count-pro-page=48
(I used the language selector at the top of the page; so it’s the same site. :wink: )

3 Likes

I simply see all of the accessories as means to sponsor Fairphone. Only accessories have a significant margin these days (that’s why the next iPhone will reportedly ship w/o a charger) …

6 Likes

BTW the support page is interesting, because it also explains somewhat how they are applied, which seems to be permanent.

Also for all of you who had this idea and wondered… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is not possible to put the screen protectors on top of each other.

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045155692

4 Likes

@formerFP.Com.Manager I think this needs correction: reduced scratch resistance” is probably not what the screen protector is offering.

3 Likes

To be more precise:
They state on the page you linked, that the protectors can be removed easyly, but they can not be reapplied. They are just one-way protectors.
I guess that’s the case with (almost?) all the screen protectors on the market; it’s just not mentioned - usually.

2 Likes

I just ordered a protector and a cover and was surprised by a € 20 discount at check out. So the combination is ‘cheaper’. Nice surprise!

1 Like

For anyone reading, that’s actually not a co-incidence, but an official discount in July & August :slight_smile: see point 18.4 here:

2 Likes

Personally I am very satisfied with my brotect screen protector. I think unless you want those extra features it is a good choice. I bought mine through amazon but as you can see from the link above they are also sold on other online retailers.

Though if I had known about the option of a screen protector with inbuilt privacy filter I might have actually went for that option

3 Likes

I also tried the brotect screen and it was a failure for me. The screen was far less sensitive and there were more dust on the screen with it. I couldn’t keep it on the phone and it seems that it is a commun view…?!

1 Like

Same here, the brotect does the job for me. :slight_smile: Can’t complain.

2 Likes

How does the privacy protector work?

How does it prevent people from peeking?

I believe that the light from the phone will be blocked by the screen if you watch it from the sides. The light would only pass through the screen if you look at the phone from the front. You can see it on the pictures published on the store

1 Like

Some basic information can be found on the homepage of 3M:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/industrial-manufacturing-us/display-enhancement-and-protection-films-industrial-manufacturing/light-control-films/

And here is some info by them on visual hacking:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/privacy-screen-protectors-us/expertise/visualhacking/

The way it actually works is not explained though.

1 Like

thank you I’ll take a look around a bit more.

Their site suggests micro-louvres is the technique used, which blocks the 60 degrees from horizontal.

Hi! I’m new here, so I’m not sure if to make a new thread or just reply to an existing one. I bought FP 3+ and the screen protector with blue light filter.

I followed all the instructions, but still got some air bubbles near the corners that just would not disappear. I pulled the protector partly off and used the dust removal sticker once more on those problematic areas. All of the bubbles disappeared after that, except for one at the top right corner (top left in the photo). I can make almost all of this disappear by rubbing the screen protector, but within just a few minutes it returns to what you see on the photo. An area of about 1 × 5 cm that will not stick onto the phone, that stretches from between the camera and charge light, all the way to the right side (left on the photo).

I would like to ask, is there a way to fix this, or have I ruined it for good?

Have you ever checked if your device is slightly “bent”?

Sorry for a super late reply. No, my phone isn’t bent. But I wonder if the screen protector got bent because I had to adjust it so many times, trying to place it correctly on the screen and getting bubbles out.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.