Fairphone 3 bottom module availability [5 Oct 2023: BACK IN STOCK]

Hello,
Thanks for the post but there are some fundamental problems here.
The module was out of stock, back in 2021 and again in 2022.
Three years of no stocks or waiting 5 weeks or more is pointless.
THE CORE PRINCIPLE OF THIS PHONE IS REPAIRABILITY AND UPGRADES???
THE CONCEPT HAS BEEN EXPLODED.
IF YOU CAN LIVE FOR FIVE WEEKS WITHOUT A PHONE YOU DO NOT NEED ONE?

The only reason to by a Fairphone (and a low cost backup) will be to avoid the proprietary software of big manufacturers?

1 Like

No need to scream at other users.

And thats just nonsense

4 Likes

But It’s very disappointing, that the module isn’t available the 3nd time for month.

Three years of no stocks

1/ I think it is wrong

IF YOU CAN LIVE FOR FIVE WEEKS WITHOUT A PHONE YOU DO NOT NEED ONE?

2/ I never mentioned the phone is not working at all.

3/ And if you want to scream, I suggest you to do it alone, not at me.

2 Likes

Smell bad…
The mention of end august in the website disappeard.
And I am still waiting since two weeks an answer from the support to get an update.
:rage:

I don’t know if this is true, but maybe in 2 weeks (September 10)?

And yes, this is terrible that these kinds of parts are not available.

It was on a thread, one of many, that state there are no stocks - the comment was for all readers and Fairphone - a repeated problem contrary to its stated core aims.
The Comment was totally justified and valid

If you take it personally, that is your problem not any one else’s - except Fairphone…
Seamus

Anyone got update on this? I’ve been without since beginning of July. Last I heard was stock was back end of August… Fortunately I’ve been able to get by with a spare battery and have been able to charge externally and swap. But it would really help to have a £20 fix…

1 Like
1 Like

Nice, thank you. Mid-September is now though right? :joy:

2 Likes

Hi.

My charging port has been acting up and now isn’t charging my battery at all. In order to save money, I decided to do some cleaning/ repair work/ troubleshooting to try to fix. Eventually, I decided to bit the bullet and buy a new bottom module. It is extremely (extremely) frustrating that a replacement module can’t be purchased for a modular phone! I think it’s more than a coincidence that Fairphone are bringing out newer models of phones and not having replacement modules for older modules easily available. I think it’s disgraceful that we all bought into this idea of a modular phone and now key replacement modules aren’t available!

Anyway, I have 2 batteries so it’s fairly practical for me to move ahead with charging these externally and swapping them in and out (ideally until Fairphone make more bottom modules or else I get fed up and buy their Fairphone 6 for 700euro! Definitely being led down the garden path here…). My question to you good people is, how do you charge your batteries externally?

Thanks in advance

You mIght want to have a look here:

2 Likes

Reply from Fairphone support today acknowledges supply chain issue on the bottom module spare and suggest it will be “stocked by mid to late part of the month” so mid September is morphing in to late September … hope that helps.

4 Likes

Sseptember has passed and still no bottom modules available…
Come on fairphone, at least give us some insight in the “supply issues” so the people who are waiting for this part can make up their mind if they are going to wait even longer or buy another phone. Is a shipment stuck in traffic? Did the manufacturer go bankrupt? Did Fairphone decide to not make any more parts for the FP3 to push people to buy a new FP5? (that would be outrageous!)
Offcourse I am just speculating here, but Fairphone keeps on pushing back the date that this paty would be available without giving any reasonable explanation…

1 Like

It seems likely it is just communciation cock-up. I suspect their third party manufacturer/shipping has some delays and these third parties may not be being entirely open and honest about the situation with Fairphone. Fairphone, in turn, have to hand on the bad news to us. They suggested it would be here mid September, then by the end of September … we are all in the dark as to when they will really be in stock and available. I agree it is tough, I am sat with my FP3+ battery charging exernally again as I have a several hour drive home and need it to navigate but can’t plug it in to my car to charge … sigh.

4 Likes

I finally got a response to my multiple, increasingly pissed off emails to costumer support, sent over the course of several weeks… The Fairphone rep said they had issues with their supplier but have finally received the bottom modules, the are just undergoging the final quality control and should be available for purchase in the next few days! Just wanted to share the hope, I assume that now the timeline won’t shift so much anymore since they are giving concrete information now (having received them, available in a few days)… Just hold out a few more days, guys!

7 Likes

I hope you are correct, the Fairphone shop now says “Coming soon - We hope to have this product back in stock by the end of October.”

It’s true.

11 Likes

It has been a long wait, and now the shipping, but by this time next week, I may have a more useful FP3+, phew, this has been painful and a real Fairphone downer.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.