FAIRPHONE 3 and 3+ A13 - Fingerprint sensor update

Welcome to the Fairphone community.

The update was only discontinued until a warning was placed in the release notes. As the problem comes from a degradation of safety class by Google and no support from the finger print sensors manufacturer, there will be most likely no update for this issue.

2 Likes

Hi @aboigues,

do the posts by Miquel answer your questions? Especially this one?

3 Likes

Thanks for this update.

Thanks a lot, yesterday evening I already ordered a Fido2 token, one that was recommended by ID Austria. It should arrive at Thursday. If it works fine I might buy a second one, but now I first wanna test it.

But thanks so much for your efforts!!!

4 Likes

It’s still Android.

I can understand that if you have no experience so far with a custom ROM. But what’s the risk if you really consider switching to a different device (which you still can do if the custom ROM does not meet your expectations).

There’s no guarantee. But most or all should work.

3 Likes

A data point in this regard … 🇩🇪 Bootloader lässt sich ohne Code entsperren - #8 by Helmut

2 Likes

I too will go with a FIDO token.
But I will also get myself a cheap second phone for authentication purposes till everything is set up.
Also having a second phone as backup, if I start experimenting with Lineage is a good idea.
I will report back.

1 Like

iodéOS also has a long list of apps that work/or don’t fully work with their operating system (which is also based on LineageOS) - I recommend to take a look there too:

1 Like

Well, I don’t think you can really compare that as afaik iodéOS includes microG and the proposition here was lineageOS + MindTheGapps.

1 Like

You can use the following app as an alternative to digitales Amt, which allows PIN authentication: TAN-App Aktivierung

2 Likes

If you have already switched to ID Austria, this is not working anymore. And A-Trust told me, that the “Handysignatur” will only work until autumn 2023. Not sure about that though.

1 Like

Information I got from A-Trust in German regarding “Digitales Amt”

1 Like

Thanks a lot, that does seem to work!

@jedesnal
Yes handysignatur will be turned down, but for me the A-Trust app works with the ID Austria!
On their website it even says:
Verknüpfen Sie Ihr Smartphone mit der ID Austria, Handy-Signatur oder xIDENTITY (EU-Identity Mobile).

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the link was marked as spam even though it presents a solution to the problem discussed here. I am trying again like this: TAN-App Aktivierung (this is not advertising for the company, it’s the company that manages Austria ID)

1 Like

I have the same problem. It is a major issue as this App is from the Austrian Government and not replacable.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link.
I tried the app a few days ago and it supports PIN authorization. But there is a catch. You need to set up the biometric function of your phone for the linking to work. But as the phone is considered as having weak security you can not link the app to your account. And we are back at square 0.

Today I ordered my FIDO tokens. I am curious, if linking those works without my biometrics. Only time will tell. But I have little hope.

2 Likes

Sent e-mail to Digitales Amt. :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

I find that very weird, i have just connected the A-Trust App yesterday and it was working fine…
I have not used the QR code when connecting the app, i was using the Token instead. Maybe that makes a difference.

Hi @gresman , thanks. I can’t edit the wiki, seems locked.
Clarifying the handling of each app here

• Twint prepaid (Switzerland) - Disables feature fallback to PIN
  • Alternative Bank Schweiz (Switzerland) - Already reported on the wiki page
  • Swisscard AECS (Switzerland) - Disables feature fallback to password
  • Sanitas Portal (Switzerland) - Disables feature fallback to password+SMS

You can edit it now, I changed your TrustLevel to allow you to edit it