FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help

Is the same for me. My phone is rebooting after the screen froze. There is no patter visible

1 Like

Hey There,

my FP2 also startet to reboot… But it only happens when i try to make calls… I quess there ist a probleme with my sim. I use two simcards, but for now i only had the problems with my second simslot.

Is there any solution yet?

1 Like

Quoting myself:

It turns out that the FP2 with 4G on CARD1 seems to be stable. At least I have an uptime of more than 110 hours now.

1 Like

That may explain why my phone runs stable so far. Since my data plan only is 3G i have 4G disabled. I only had 1 reboot in now a bit over a month.

1 Like

Experienced my first reboot yesterday. I was just using Chrome and I was on connected to my wireless network.
I really hope that I will not experience any more of these.

I wonder why has this not yet been acknowledged as an official bug?

The FP team is aware of all the bugs in the #software:bug-reports and on the bugs list, but they only put those bugs on their issue report that they have investigated and have some knowledge about.

Bugs that happen randomly and can’t be reproduced are not easy to investigate I’d guess.

1 Like

I’m giving this a try, I don’t have a 4G plan so have disabled it. I’ll report back if it makes a difference. (24 hours and no reboot yet)

1 Like

well that went well… just rebooted.

Disappointing to hear given that the effect of this one is far worse than any other bug.

4 Likes

I have switches off 4G and had no reboots for 24h. So that seem to be the problem.

It is really about timt that this becomes an officiallz acknowledged bug.

3 Likes

Update: Enabled 4g, scrolled around - less than 10 minutes until the phone crashes. I did an “adb logcat” but I cannot see anything interesting in the logs. This is definitely a problem related to 4G and probably scrolling.

1 Like

I agree. I think these bugs are more important than fixing UI bugs.

1 Like

For me reboot happen often when i’m charging the phone, when it reach 100% (or close).

2 Likes

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one, who’s FP2 suddenly reboots :slightly_smiling:
I just disabled 4G and will monitor, if that helps.

1 Like

Did you hear back yet?

Now it’s almost 280 hours uptime. Not a single crash or reboot since then.

3 Likes

Yes, support offered me to exchange my phone, because they wanted to investigate this issue on a few phones. I accepted and got another one. With this one i had no random reboots anymore.

2 Likes

Had this problem now, too. Maybe once a day, so it was not too annoying. I have switched my 4G card to SIM1 and will monitor. Maybe when you are collecting all users’ experiences, you will find the reason for this. Thx.

1 Like

So I have 4G switched off, SIM in slot 1 and had 4 or so reboots today. With this problem, the other annoying bugs and the rather short battery life I am disappointed and seriously considering the FP2. :frowning: This is looks more like a beta than a proper product.

1 Like

On my devices, 4G cause no issues and no reboots. Reboots happens only when i reach 100% battery when it charge (but not directly at 100%, most when i let the phone connected to power source longer).

1 Like

My FP2 has been rebooting randomly (maybe it happens more often when it’s in charging), it’s not very frequent for me but it’s still annoying because after the reboots, the phone doesn’t often boot correctly but it gets stuck on the grey “LOADING…” screen, so I have to force shutdown it by holding the power button (which usually just causes another reboot) and try again to boot into Android. Sometimes I have to reboot it two, three times after a ‘random reboot’ to correctly get to the ‘enter your pin’ screen and boot into Android.

2 Likes