FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help

I also got my phone replaced by Fairphone. This second one doesn’t have the reboot issue so far (3 days of use)
Let’s See if it stays that way. I think it was Software related, but Fairphone is into investigating the real cause.
The support was really Good!

1 Like

Same here! I even got my green LED light working!!! I don’t know about any other colours though…

The led colour issue should be fixed with the next update.

First random reboot of my week old FP2 today, whilst charging. My FP1 used to reboot all the time.

Is this being worked on by Fairphone? It’s not on the Software issue report yet, is that because they think it’s hardware or because they don’t think it’s a big enough issue? It seems that enough people are experiencing it, both phones I’ve had do it at least once a day sometimes more.

It’s also not on the forum bug list, though IMHO it could be included there now, as it has turned out to be an issue for quite some people. What do you think, @paulakreuzer?

2 Likes

Well,

actually I can’t wait to get my Fairphone because since about half a year I got the very same issue on my Samsung S3. No matter what Kernel or what system I flash, it reboots about 10 times a day in average.
So, the Fairphone is not the only phone being affected, I only hope mine will not be… :confused:

I’ve got often reboots when connecting to a charger (tried different ones - power pack, ac, usb power port of laptop).

Me too Georg_k, either reboots or freezes when attached to a charger.

I really think that it has something to do with overheating but that’s just me… :wink:

2 Likes

I am observing a similar problem. As soon as CARD2 has the 4G unit the FP2 is getting unstable. The problem is, that sometimes it crashes every 15 minutes. Sometimes once a day.

So I am not completely sure, whether that’s the real culprit. I will tell you next week :slight_smile:

I’ve got my first unintended reboot over night after 3 weeks of using my FP2. One SIM, not connected to a charger or USB. I noticed it because I had to enter the PIN for my SIM this morning.

Attached a screenshot which shows the downtime. It’s interesting that the reboot must have been triggered by itself after some hours of downtime. Powering on the FP2 this morning immediately showed the keypad for entering the PIN.

I’ve been having some 5 spontaneous reboots over the last weeks - so not as bad as some, but annoying anyhow. While typing an email or using some app or another. Me too, I cannot find a real pattern.
So if I’m reading correctly I should be asking for a replacement phone (which I don’t want to if I don’t have to - I don’t want new stuff if the old is still ok), or I should start fiddling around with the SIMs (for which I would have to buy replacements from my provider).

Is the jury already out on this? Are these ‘solutions’ far shots, or are the definitely worth the try?

Quoting myself here, just to update on this issue. The one time I observed the reboot was the only time so far. Never happened after that, so I guess it was a one-time-event triggering the reboot and not te same issue other people in this thread seem to have…

Based on your screenshot, it seems to be related to a high power drain, maybe a process which get stuck?

same at my phone… from time to time doesnt metter if i use my phone or not, go into a reboot. and my touchscreen reacting not how it should and ends in a frozen screen, which i could fix with the lock screen…

Is the same for me. My phone is rebooting after the screen froze. There is no patter visible

1 Like

Hey There,

my FP2 also startet to reboot… But it only happens when i try to make calls… I quess there ist a probleme with my sim. I use two simcards, but for now i only had the problems with my second simslot.

Is there any solution yet?

1 Like

Quoting myself:

It turns out that the FP2 with 4G on CARD1 seems to be stable. At least I have an uptime of more than 110 hours now.

1 Like

That may explain why my phone runs stable so far. Since my data plan only is 3G i have 4G disabled. I only had 1 reboot in now a bit over a month.

1 Like