Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Hi, I have just paid the FP2 three days ago, and have the Order#200054997 I have not received any tracking number. Just wondering how long I have to wait to receive my phone. Days :), weeks :expressionless:, months :disappointed:?

Bests

You will have to wait weeks. In January, the pre-orders will be shipped. Afterwards the regular orders will be shipped.

1 Like

:expressionless: Nothing to do about it I think. But then the web should say “Pre-Order” instead “Order Now” … Let’s wait then

Sorry to say this.
You probably overlooked the sentence at the second page after clicking on ‘Order now’.
There it says clearly under the line ‘Order now’: New orders ship in February.

1 Like

I received the notification email from Fairphone and the order status now says “complete”. Thanks for looking into it.

Although it’s not relevant for me anymore, I hope all fairphoners, who are still waiting for their phone, won’t be faced with this issue.

You are right.

Hi, I have the Order # 200036754 and delivery number is 605. In my recent order status says “Prepare batch” is matte blue box. For now, I have not received any notification :frowning: . There is a problem with the shipments and notifications?. Thanks

Hi,

I have the feeling that the updates are not as fast as the actual deliveries. And with the notifications there are problems, other people reported that they got the phone without notification or change of status.

In fact I hope there will be a major increase of the counter tomorrow, otherwise I start doubting that the preordered phones really get delivered in january … I don’t want to nag or whine, but simply doing the math doesn’t look good so far …

Yes, I also got the message that the phone was shipped like two days after it arrived. I don’t mind, since Fairphone is a small start-up with a big task to complete currently. Just assume that your phone will arrive soon when the counter is close to your phone’s production number.

About the deliveries, Fairphone said over time (these few days and weeks) they will increase faster, since bigger and bigger batches are being produced. So I don’t think it’s too far off to assume they’ll hit 17,400 or more by the end of the month.

1 Like

As I have deliverynumber 140, I received late fridaynight an email from Fairphone with my track&trace nummber. I can expect my Fairphone 2 to be delivered tomorrow, Monday.
So I guess it will be just a few days before your Fairphone 2 gets shipping. Depending on where you live, you have to add a day of more before you can receive it.

Yes I also read that and at the moment it doesn’t seem like production is the bottle neck but packing and sending. I guess they should at the moment have at least 9k phones in Netherlands, but only half is shipped already …

Yes, I agree, it does seem packing and sending are the bottle neck. Otherwise I do not think there is a reason why they could not start shipping the blue translucent and blue matte phones on the same day.
I think that all the markting FP makes gives the impression of a much larger company where the processes are better implemented.
Is there anyone in this thread who has already received a blue matte phone?

1 Like

I didn’t received neither my black matte or my wifes blue matte fp. Delivery no. 32xx. No mail notification, still prepare batch status. No answer of my request at the support (6 days now, but i can accept that because they will have a lot of requests)…the only explanation why i still didn’t receive my black matte fp is because they wait until both of them are ready to ship (should have been last friday). I think there are a lot of different issues maybe not even known by fp. To take it positive: fp can learn about what happened now so that for the next try the issues should be solved…the idea behind the project is the main thind so if that idea and the goals are achieved we’re waiting for a very good reason.

2 Likes

My deliverynumber is 140, my ordernumber is 29xx.
My Fairphone is shipped on Friday, so it makes sense that your Fairphone with ordernumber 32xx isn’t shipped yet. Just give it a few days.

Thats true. But i’ve read several posts of people with a lot higher delivery numbers who already received their phones also with different back cover colours. That doesn’t make sense to me. My order no. Is also 29something but the bank transfer from switzerland obviously took a few days…i’m generally a bit a unpatient person so it’s pretty hard to wait. No doub’t for all others, specially for those like you with such a low delivery no it is also very hard to wait. Again, we’re waiting for a good purpose. A little whining makes the waiting for me a bit easier:)

What I wrote about delivery is for the Fairphone with the blue matte cover.
Perhaps you can send a message to @anon90052001 through the forum about your black matte. Because that indeed seems to be to long.

Well i think the phones should arrive next week. I will wait until wednesday and if nothing (delivery status, notification etc.) has moved by then i will take another try to contact fp. Thabks anyway for your help and i wish a lot of fun with your new device:)

I hope I can sleep tonight. :grin: My Fairphone 2 will be delivered tomorrow between 9 and 5.

2 Likes

If you live in the netherlands there shouldn’t been a problem with sleeping;) no offense, just a joke:)

Wow, this thread is the forum topic with the highest number of replies of all times (421 at this time)! :smiley:

To see yourself, go to https://forum.fairphone.com and order the columns by “Replies”.

Most frequent posters are @kevr1990, @TobiasF (30 posts each) and @Lidwien (28) (go to the first post and expand the stats). Thank you for contributing with your experiences! :slight_smile:

8 Likes