Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

This is not true for all resellers (See list of FP2 resellers). Faircustomer, for example, aren’t a mobile provider and thus don’t include a data plan. They include 5 years of charging with renewable energy.

2 Likes

Hi,
Just to let you know, I got my phone #99xx this morning.
So far so good :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Hey,
just to let you know. I got an e-mail with the tracking id. My fairphone left the distribution center on friday (yeah). But since the counter was at 11914 at the end of the day I guess that the delivery number is not at all corresponding with the counter…

2 Likes

No, unfortunately the delivery number is not corresponding with the counter. :wink: The counter is the number of phones that are actually shipped. So, e.g. you ordered 2 or 3 phones (or even more as a reseller) at the same time you still got only one delivery number. That’s why the counter seems much more ahead of the delivery numbers. I got delivery number 11xxx and probably still need to wait another couple of days. sigh :wink:

3 Likes

Fairphone with order number 10286 savely arrived at switzerland today eventho i diden’t got an e-mail.

5 Likes

Hello,

I ordered my Fairphone 2 in September, ordnernumber 11,739.
13,200 Fairphones are shipped, but I got neither the phone nor the e-mail that it’s on the way.

When I will get it?

Micha

1 Like

This forum is intended for Fairphone users to discuss with each other. Not for official Fairphone Team responses.
So you will not get an offical answer.
All I can say is, have a look at the at this blog. I hope that there will be an update this evening or else tomorrow.

We had this discussion lately in the Forum too, e.g. here: Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread. The counter does not correspond with the delivery numbers, it only tells you how many phones were shipped so far. But if you ordered more than one phone at the same time you still get only one delivery number, so there might be a difference between those two numbers. I got delivery number 11,0xx and am still waiting. We just need to be a bit more patient. Our new phones will probably arrive soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got 10.055 and recieved it today. Hang on.

3 Likes

Hey @anon90052001 I (and I also think many other Users) miss your blog update from yesterday. Maybe you can also explain the different between the counter and the delivery number and why they are not the same in the next update. Thanks. The news about the new gold producing chain is great. Which produced phone is the first with the new fair gold? :relaxed:

2 Likes

are no news good news?

Seriously? When hundred of people are waiting their phone since november?

Not to give news when it is announced and expected by many people, it’s not very fair and respectful.

They said all september’s backers will receive their phone before the end of january but it will probably be not possible. And they not communicate.

It is a bit dissapointing.

The latest news was that they will send before. But jeah, even that is not very likely…

You’re right. And @anon90052001 wrote also he will update the blog three times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday…

Sorry everyone that I missed the update yesterday. It was my 20th update (:tada:) since I first started posting on 10 December but now I’ve published it.

Here’s the blog update.

Updated: Thursday 28 January

All Fairphone 2 owners will be receiving a newsletter soon with a more detailed delivery outlook. The current planning is that all phones purchased during the crowdfunding period from July to September have either 1) been shipped to owners, or 2) will be shipped in the next week. There is a small number of owners who purchased during the end of our crowdfunding period who will not have their phones shipped to them until the first week of February, and we’re sorry for missing our January projection.

For owners who paid for their orders from October to January, we have inventory scheduled to ship your phones on a rolling basis throughout the weeks of February. More details to come in our newsletter to owners.

Regarding the difference in counter number and delivery number, our forum member @Juli_R has it right: the delivery number corresponds to a single order no matter the number of phones in that order. Thus, very large orders made at the end of September for resellers have made the counter number in the last week unreliable to compare to your delivery number. This discrepancy was not immediately clear to the communications team, or else we would have alerted the community earlier. We’re sorry for the confusion.

We are working to give a better delivery outlook in an owners’ newsletter, so owners do not need to refer to the counter to give insight into when they will receive their phone. Thanks for your patience!

8 Likes

Finally! This morning my FP2 arrived! Nr. 11xxx - can’t remember the exact number. I did not get any notification though and yesterday my order status still said “prepare batch”. Best from Vienna!

Forgot to add: date oft my order: 12.09.2015

4 Likes

What means “soon”? This day? This week? Next week? In two months? Sorry for this sarcasm questions but the soon is not very satisfying, because in the past the word “soon” had a interval from some hour up to next week. And the you said before 7 days this:

So another week is gone and we are so smart then before a week. I think the problem for many user is not the delay in production and sending the phones to them. The problem is the communication of the complete process. Today you wrote in your blog, that some users become their phone probably in the first week of February. And maybe in one week the arrival of the phone is again one week later.

Also I see no really “new” news in this blog post. I looks like: Oh I must write something but I have no information. So I write the already known things in a new order and write them again. I miss the official information about difference in counter number and delivery number. Not many users read here in the board. So you wrote this forum article in a few minutes. Why you didn’t write this information and a information how many delivery numbers are done in the blog post? I think many people are interested in this information. And also think they are interested in how huge is the difference between delivery number and number of already send phones. Also I think people are interested for the point when the new gold was used in the complete process. In my opinion this are things we want to know and not often the same information in a “new” update.

I think you mean August and not September. If this is not the case I think you can change the delivery date to soon. Sorry for the sarcasm in the post.

If there is no new information, I would still like an “update”. Because, as you may have noticed in the previous posts, people get anxious if no new update is posted in time :slightly_smiling:

resellers were added at the end of the crowdfunding phase. End of September. I didn’t really understand the rest of your message, sorry.

Well, then I don’t quite get it. If they were added at the end of September why is the number of the counter already much ahead of the delivery numbers for orders that were placed and paid at the beginning of September? IMHO, there must have been one or two (or more) resellers who ordered in late August, otherwise it doesn’t make much sense why people with delivery numbers in 10,000s and above are still waiting for their FP2 to be shipped. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

I think what @finnbart meant is that reselles, who ordered at the end of September are of no consequence at the moment, as the current shippments go to people who ordered at the beginning of September.