Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Ha ok. Well, I live closer than you to the distribution center (In the Ruhrgebiet), so let’s see!

2 Likes

@Eipaeipa: Hi, have you read Stefans post?

… Or the e-mail has not been sent yet. The confirmation e-mail may take some time as has already been discussed in this very topic. Additionally, @anon90052001 mentioned it explicitly in the 11 Jan update:

So I would suggest to exercise patience. :wink:

1 Like

I even responded to Stefans post. The problem is that, according to joe, they have not yet shipped any phones paid september. I paid my phone in september. That’s why I believe it hasn’t been shipped yet.

Edit: And by the way: thanks a lot for the advice with the patience. Haven’t had that idea before. What’s the alternative anyway? Raiding the netherlands? All I wanted to know from @Brybe is by how much the shipping-counter is in front of the order-numbers.

Edit 2: Thanks to @necrosis who hasn’t recieved the delivery mail by now (order number 9510) we know that the shipment-counter is at least 2400 phones ahead of the order number (currently shipeed: 11914 --> .11914 - 9510 = 2404) The reason for this was explained before: for the order numbers the actual orders are counted, for the shippment counter they count individual phones. This matters when people order more than one phone and means that amongst the first 12000 fairphones at least 2400 left the distribution center with one or more friends in the same package :slightly_smiling:.

1 Like

I should have read more accurately. Sorry for that and the patience-comment (though it wasn’t meant to anger you).

You are right, if already some people with 9xxx delivery numbers had paid in september and nearly 12000 are shipped by now, this does not match in some way. I thought that @anon90052001 may have mixed up the correspondance of delivery numbers and payment date, but this guess may be wrong as only now I understand what you mean by the shipment counter not corresponding to the delivery numbers (btw you mean delivery numbers and not order numbers, right?).

Hm not sure what you mean by that (if it wasn’t meant ironic). Anyway, I think replacements of malfunctioning phones also falls under this category. Nevertheless, I would have expected this number to be much smaller than 2400.

Edit: After your edit, I now understand (that one delivery number may correspond to two or more phones ordered at the same time). Thanks for the hint! :smile: With this in mind, the difference of 2400 is much more explicable.

So if someone ordered 2 phones at different times, he will get his phones together? This seems really unfair. Fairphone always said they will send them step by step as first come first served.

But now. I do not believe them. First they said that and another day they said other things. I think they should remove their counter. It is really ridiculous. Really.
Even I paid in September, my number is 9510. All the things doesn’t match. :frowning:

I know, delivery number 9274 arrived at 21.1.16. I think the difference can not be so big. -.-

Could this really be true? Are they delivering new orders before all pre-orders are sent out?
I’m very glad for you, don’t get me wrong. But I’m curious why I shouldn’t just cancel my old order and make a new one, apparently I wouldn’t have to wait until February…

1 Like

To me, this seems unbelievable. ^^ I ordered my FP2 back in September and am still waiting… (can hardly wait any more - so excited!). But then, this is “wonderman” :smiley:

4 Likes

This is indeed very interesting… :confused:

No, I don’t think so, but: If someone ordered two phones at the same time, then he/she will get only one delivery number for both phones, as they are sent with the same package. So in this case, the number of sold phones goes up by two whereas the delivery number counter increases by one. At least, this is how I understood @Eipaeipa’s considerations.

3 Likes

Yes you are right: its actually called delivery number.

@necrosis no, I believe its like @tphysm just explained. I also believe there must be several bigger organisations and businsesses which have ordered whole batches of phones to achieve this minimum number of 2400. IIRC the first fairphone 2 was shipped to some kind of social enterprise and they have certainly ordered more than one phone. Perhaps a good target for that raid I’ve mentioned earlier…

1 Like

If it is really what you said, so Fairphone should remove their counter. This counter is only confusing. It does not help small people to estimate their delivery.

3 Likes

At this point every additional information is indeed more confusing than helping.
I ordered my phone on August 30th and fairphone received my payment on Semptember 2nd. I have a 9XXX delivery number and assumed that the counter is corresponding to this number.
But so far I didn’t receive my phone or an e-mail with a tracking number. And I think 4 days should be enough for a delivery to Germany.
However, I am still hoping that my phone is on its way. If not I really think that fairphone needs to improve their communication in terms of accuracy…

2 Likes

Same here. I ordered it on August 28th and fairphone got my payment on August 30th.
Number 9274 has been delivered successfully.
https://twitter.com/ekplug/status/689909501076606976

Which would also explain why someone might have gotten the phone so quick after ordering now: Maybe some resellers where in the earlier orders, and maybe it was possible to get a phone via a reseller.

4 Likes

Yes, I also think wonderman has bought his phone through a reseller. There are some resellers combine the selling with a dataplan.

Edit: not all the resellers included a dataplan, thanks @Stefan

1 Like

A lot of People talk about their order Nr. and the counter of delivered fairphones.

I joined the FP-Community late in December and ordered my FP2 the Number in the Shop is
2000541## so does this mean I have to wait till 54k of FP2 are delivered?

If I calculate the delivery-rate seen on the counter, the max of delivered phones is <1k a day. So this would mean still >40days till my phone will arrive.
In the last Information Newsletter on delivery Schedule they stated that orders from december will be delivered in Feburary.
Can I still hope to get my Phone in Febuary?
Perhaps anyone can help me out of my confusion.

Greetings Toking

You’ll have to find the delivery number in the email you received after ordering your phone.

ok, Paul was quicker. Here is what I wrote in between:

I can only tell you that order and delivery numbers are different. And the delivery number is unfortunately not shown in the FP shop, I got it in my invoice mail after my payment arrived at FP but it seems that they stopped communicating this number after the crowdfunding phase.
I do not know how they are related but my order number was the 20002862x with delivery number 2779. But as @tphysm pointed out earlier, it may be that one order corresponds to more than one phone…

Hope this helps a bit even though I really can’t tell you if you can expect your phone in February or not…

thanks for your help so far but

after ordering I got two mails:

• Fairphone: New Order # 2000541##
  • Fairphone: Receipt # 2000402## for Order # 2000541##

None of them contained a delivery Number
If have an invoice Number, an order Number and a Produkt Number thats all

I had a look in my Junk-Email-Folder - Nothing fairphone-related there.

How can I get Information about my delivery Number?

Greeting Toking

Just wait… your phone WILL arrive… as soon as possible… Patience as I think that the fairphone team is doing everything in their power to get phones to people as soon as possible… :wink:

More than that there’s nothing more you can do right now…

2 Likes