Fairphone 2 hardware extensions

I don’t know about FTDI exact in this case, but if it depends on USB to Serial Adapters, FTDI is the best one. Much better than the cheaper Prolific PL232 Chipset. I have alot of Adapters and Flashing Equipment with FTDI Chips working very good on Linux.

Fact stand FTDI is bad and should not be supported. The company should be blacklisted in any community IMHO. Also the drivers you said works works is not from FTDI instead it is reverse engineered by the community with no help from FTDI. The real FTDI drivers is closed userlevel driver. If you ask me, and many with me agree, that company is plain evil and p** on the customers. Avoid use.

1 Like

Well Mike, companies who p** on the open source and customers are indeed evil. :slight_smile:
After Plextor send the lawyers to one guy, who put online an open source tool which did exact the same like the commercial PlexTools Software - i put Plextor on the top level of my personal shitlist.

Now after Plextor i have also many other companies there:

Whatsapp/Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, RIM/Blackberry, Google, Foxconn, Alcatel
And now FTDI :frowning:

Which USB2Serial Chips you prefer?
Prolific is such a mess…

…I’m still waiting for a µ-usb adapter for the back out… :disappointed:

I use the backport for connecting a Qi wireless charger adapter. works seamlessly

9 Likes

Please! Tell us more! :grinning:

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrade FP2 with QI wireless charging through expansion port

um maybe also here just to make sure the information reaches all who might be interested. I made a pcb layout for the expansion port and some prototypes which I currently share for the manufacturing costs (0,55€ per PCB). So if anyone is interested in getting some of those, drop me a line

4 Likes

Since dvl is no longer active let’s continue this here: