Fairphone 2 gets slower and more and more problematic

Yes, that’s the last version AFAIK. I already tried the factory reset in summer 2020. It worked well a bit, but as soon as I was installing the apps I really need and using it normally it has become sluggish again and resets suddenly without any reason, so I have decided to switch to a state of the art phone (and unfortunately it is not going to be the FP4). I cannot rely on FP2 random resets and poor performance, taking ages to open Google Maps, for example. The current poor performance of FP2 makes nuts my wife, I had to switch.

Short question about this: How to figure out, which modem.zip actually is installed? Under modemfiles I can’t find this information.

Peace
(even more important now…)

I don’t know how to figure that out. As far as I know there is no 1:1 indicator.

If the vendor patch level is earlier than April 1, 2018, the modem files are older than the most current ones.
If the baseband version is earlier than 4437.1-FP2-0-08, the modem files are older than the most current ones.
When in fastboot mode, modem files from 19.02.1 on feature a few vibrations at the start and the LED blinking blue to indicate fastboot mode.

If you want to be sure, you can approach this from the other side: Don’t try to get it, just set it. Install a modem.zip, then you know exactly which one is installed :wink: .

Thank you, this helped:

Both I find, so I should have an actual version - even if it’s not the newest. Since I do not have any relevant problems with LOS 18.1, I’ll keep it, like it is.

Best, Peace

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.