Fairphone 2: Crazy touch inputs (touchscreen issue) - workaround (for some): increase touch & hold delay

I can confirm that the workaround makes the problem a lot less frequent, but it’s still there. Any news if this is going to be fixed with the next update?

You can check the current state here:

Incidently this problem is far less noticeable on the replacement I got sent from Fairphone, I think I’ve only had it once or twice in a week as opposed to once or twice a day.

Usage of electronic underwriting not possible, I think because of hypersensitive touchscreen.

App: inSign (available in google playstore) App does work without problems on more than 5 different other smartphones (android 4.1, 5.1, 6.0).

@holger1st the hypersensitive touch screen is a known bug and FP is working on fixing it, but haven’t found the root cause yet. Please try the workaround described in the first post and post back if it doesn’t improve your situation.

I just wanted to add that my FP2 also has the random hypersensitive issues, which is similar at times to quickly sailing across the screen. This occurs occasionally but when on charge I have to constantly lock the phone and unlock for it to stop.

1 Like

Same for me, much worse when it’s charging especially from low levels. It is also the only time that I’ve experienced that the screen stops working as previously reported in this thread.

Yes, I can confirm that while charging my FP2 the touch screen is unusable due to touchscreen hype sensitivity. The touch locations are way off making it impossible to type the lockscreen pin code.

I am honestly a bit disappointed, that this bug still isnt fixed. Recieved my FP2 today and got the same issues

3 Likes

Thank you for the video. This bug really looks annoying! Is there any progress on the fix for this bug?

1 Like

The root cause isn’t found yet:

Same problem here. Workaround did not help. It is worst when I try to rearrange icons or widgets on the start screen. But sometimes even unlocking doesn’t work because of this “jumping”.

I have found out that the issue almost disappeared when I installed twilight, and set the touch delay to “medium”.

A little note though : you’ll have to disable twilight if you want to grant root access or install apps, as given it adds an overlay to the screen, the lower right corner is not “touchable”.

Same for me. Workaround does not help

+1 , does it on my FP2 as well.

1 Like

I also have problems with my oversensitive touchscreen. Only when I am charging… So when I need my phone, I have to unplug it and afterwards plug it in again…

2 Likes

I have the same problem - I’ve had my Fairphone for less than 3 days and the touchscreen is jumping around all over the place, making it pretty much unusable. Was the product not tested??

Same for me. Workaround does not help, Especially using Firefox.

To anyone having this issue:

In my experience of two FP2’s, the first it was a regular problem and made the phone almost unusable at times to the second one where it hardly ever happens and is a minor annoyance. It clearly isn’t the same on all phones so I’d suggest sending yours back if it is in the first category.

1 Like

I’d like to add to this, that before you send it back:

• discharge and charge your phone a few times
  • try the workaround
  • and obviously try while phone is not being plugged in

If then it doesn’t still make the phone almost unusable it’s more likely to be the software bug than a hardware issue.

1 Like