Fairphone 2 camera cannot focus

They did. When I opened a ticket yesterday it wasn’t there anymore :wink:

No, waiting since Feb 26, 11:29 ;(

Try asking here:

2 months seems to be a bit extreme to me. My personal limit before i start asking is 1 month …

An official “sorry, there have been some defective camera modules, we`re working on a software fix/added it to our bug list/will replace it” would be appreciated!

1 Like

Reassembled the original camera-modul. Unfortunately it doesn’t focus even with upgrade 1.2.8…
Waiting for any replay to my ticket i orderd a new Back Cover Blue Translucent. Really love my FP2!

Today finally i got an answer. They suggested to try first another camera app and second remove and than put back the camera modul. This is what i did yesterday but without positive result. The message ends with: “If your camera issue is not fixed after all these troubleshoots, we will have to initiate an in-warranty repair of your device” Hope they mean the camera modul and not the wohle phone … i don´t want to miss it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support breaking down?

i follow this thread with great interest. i have the same experience as many of you: focussing with the FP2 camera isn’t that easy. i tried several camera apps but the problems remain. funny enough, i have no issues with scanning documents to PDF and that works fine. also, macro-type pictures of coins from a distance of ~10 cm are not really a mess. but zooming even to a low degree renders the camera unable to focus. it’s cumbersome and i’ll probably try to exchange the camera module.

Good news! They refunded me the order for the new camera and asked me to send back the original one. If not before, now i am a real fairphoner. Hat zwar ein wenig gedauert, aber wie man im Forum sieht ist die Kamera ja nicht die einzige Baustelle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They asked me to send my phone for repair. Would be much easier to send me a camera module.

Did you try both suggestions? I tried also the second one before they told me today because i wanted to exclude that the failure comes from the assambling process of the whole device. Maybe for your camera modul it´s the solution. :tools:

Same here, neither of those worked and I’ve been waiting for an answer for about 3 weeks…

"To have your Fairphone shipped to our repair centre, please follow the instructions below:

1. Create an account in our Fairphone Repair Portal (or log in if you already have an account there);
  2. Create your repair request by following the instructions on the portal;
  3. After your request was registered, we will check and approve it within 48 hours (during weekdays);
    …"

49 hrs and counting…

1 Like

My FP2 will be picked up by DHL and sent to repair today, I can only imagine how long this will take…

10 posts were split to a new topic: :flag_de: FP2 Kamera kann nicht fokussieren

1 month later: answer.
I have to create an account at a return portal and send my whole phone in, which i am not ok with as my phone works perfectly fine and only my camera is defective - replacing the module helped for others …

However. I am asked for my phone serial number and …
where is the serial number?

Behind my battery there is only this CE1588 sign, on the side the two IMEI, serveral smaller numbers on some parts, but nothing i would identify as serial number. My battery has a serial number, but not my phone ?! Am I blind ?! Someone help pls. (No, its not one of those preordered phones with numbers from 1 to 17ksomething).

1 Like

This article should help

2 Likes

So IMEI1 it is … thx!

Quote in the return portal: Your serial number can be found on the back of your Fairphone behind the battery.

So this is wrong or refers to FP1.

1 Like

I also have a similar problem. Macro pictures are just fine, but if I want to zoom on a distant object I only get unfocused pictures.

yesterday, i ordered a new camera module from the fairphone shop to replace the faulty one. i will post here my experience with the new one. will take a few days, though.

The FP2, like most smartphone cameras, only has a digital zoom and not a real optical one. So it’s the same as taking a picture without zoom and then amplifing a detail. With a resolution of 8 megapixels just you can’t get a useful picture…