Fairphone 2 Bottom Module (replacement)

Hello,

Charging my battery started to get more and more difficult. Different chargers, different cables, different external batteries… - from still a few options left to… none.
Now my phone won’t charge anymore.
And I assume the ‘bottom module’ is defect somehow.

Unfortunately, this module is out of production.
I see many people have had the same or a similar problem.
And have been helped here.

So, I’m trying my luck: can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance!
(address in Belgium)

(PS: I can’t help but wondering: what’s the point of creating an ‘ethical’ ‘modular’ phone, if you can’t get the modules anymore? (Probably this question has been raised and discussed a few thousand times. So consider it to be retorical. Mainly for sharing my disappointment. While having, still, a lot of respect for the FP initiative.)

What product(s) are you looking for?

(Once you have found the product you were looking for, please add [FOUND] in front of the topic title or ask one of the community moderators to do it for you)

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)?

Other, remarks:

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Rhetorical maybe but a very valid point. I think the modules were available for 5 years from first production, but I agree a couple more years would have been useful, especially as the module seems very frail and this was obvious a long time ago. :frowning:

Have you checked out the option of repair?

High Amoun,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I checked out the option of repair. Yet, I also consider myself too ‘stupid’ (inexperienced, lack of knowledge, lack of tools) to do that succesfully.

And I assumed this ‘free (repaired) module’ was already given away, but maybe I was wrong about that.

b.

You may find a shop that will do it for you ??

Yes, maybe.

I thought there were no shops (close to where I live) that could do this, but I found ‘Repair Club’ via this link:
Repair shops

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.