Fairphone 1U - almost dead? (humidity)

Hi Friends. Not sure if anyone can help as this seems to be severe. Yesterday, while I was using it (taking pictures) suddenly the touchscreen started to not work properly anymore (had to repeat the same movements several times until it worked.) After restart, the touch screen did not work anymore at all, which means I couldn’t get beyond the PIN entry. After several restart trials, all I get is a blue screen which turning itself on and off. Recovery mode can be entered, but all actions I take end up in this blinking blue screen.
To save some data, I wanted to read out my SD Card directly the at the computer, but it seems like also the SD card is broken (computer wants to format it as it cannot be read)

The only thing that comes to my mind is, as this happened during a hike, that the phone saw some humidity in combination with temperatures around 0°C.

Does anyone have an idea what to do or does this sound like a hopeless case?

Thank you all,

KAL

If you believe the failure is caused by humidity, I recommend you to carefully disassemble your phone as far as possible and put it in a warm and dry place for a week (such as a heating radiator). Here on iFixit is a guide on disassembling the FP1.

Thanks for the quick reply, Stefan. I will try that and report back in a week or so :slight_smile:

Ok - I put all single parts on the heating for 2 days, reassambled and: Works again…it is as slow as before, but it works :slight_smile:
Thank you again Stefan!
Servus,
Kal

1 Like