Experience with original Fairphone USB-C to Mini Audio Jack Adapter?

In this thread @chrisu reports that the sound quality of the original Fairphone adapter is not so good. Who has also bought the adapter and can give their opinion? Is the sound quality perhaps “only” good and therefore sufficient for everyday use? But not very good and thus not sufficient for the highest listening requirements? Do you notice any annoying noisefloor? I would mainly listen to podcasts, maybe some music on the side. However, if the Fairphone adapter is really only mediocre, I would rather buy one from the wiki-list.

It’s perfectly good. Noise floor almost imperceptible. The sound output from my WH-1000XM3 is as good as it is from any source. Complex multi-layered stuff is perceptibly better than with SBC Bluetooth (more layers discernible), but SBC is so shitty this is hardly a surprise. It’s not really perceptibly better than with aptX HD, but unlike aptX HD it doesn’t stutter all the damn time :slight_smile:

I’m a little confused. :thinking: You’re talking about the sound quality when listening to music via Bluetooth, right? However, I wanted to know what the sound quality is like when listening via cable with the “Fairphone USB-C to Mini Audio Jack Adapter”.

Er… I’m talking about the quality listening to music over the adapter, connected to a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones (which do both wired and bluetooth). All the comparisons are wired-versus-Bluetooth on the same headphones.

1 Like

Sorry, now I understand! Thank you for your explanations. :slightly_smiling_face: That sounds good! Then I will probably buy the adapter from Fairphone. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just thought of something else:
If I use the buttons on the cable of the headphones, does play, stop, volume down and volume up also work?

I wonder if there are various versions of the Fairphone adapter. Maybe old ones have been of better quality or you are using very low-sensitivity earphones.

I don’t think there are different versions of the Fairphone adapter. It has only been available since the end of April.

If you use the buttons on the cable of the headphones, does play, stop, volume down and volume up work for you?

Really? I bought mine in Feburary along with the Fairphone (it arrived in early April).

OK, I had looked from time to time. But not all the time, of course. They were always out of stock. I thought, when urs_lesse wrote, they were finally available to order for the first time. Then I was wrong and they were also available in between before that.

I have now tried the original Fairphone USB-C to Mini Audio Jack adapter. The sound quality is good for me personally. :slight_smile:

However, I certainly don’t have a “fine” ear for music. Therefore, I cannot judge whether it is also good for someone who has very high demands on music quality and hears every fine nuance. For me, at least, it’s enough to listen to music on the side in everyday life.

I have already written something here about the controls:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.