Excess email data usage problem

Has anyone else had problems with the email app using excessive amounts of data?

In the last few weeks, it seems that my email app has been chewing through data to such an extent that since the 1st March, my phone provider tells me that I have used 4.8GB(!) of data - almost all of it on email. This could cost me a lot when the bill comes through (currently re-negotiating…)

The provider tells me it is pretty much all from attempting to download, not upload, yet I have not had more emails than normal, nor have I changed the way I use my email/phone lately. The amount of data the email uses absolutely swamps the other apps’ usage (eg between 14th-18th March I’ve used 2.35GB data on email, and the next largest app usage is 8.98MB)

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or have any idea what’s causing it? I’m worried that it might be some malware or something, but the virus sweep I just did came up blank.

Any thoughts or advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Sven

I moved 5 posts to an existing topic: Extremely high data usage by e-mail (email)

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.