European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam (#EFCT16) (22-28/8/16)

@Stefan just mentioned these people from whom he knows they are actively building local communities so they get notified about this topic. I’m sure everybody is invited and nobody has to be excluded.

@all:
I’m so excited! Would be really cool to meet all of you. I’m thinking we could rent a holiday home for a week. If we get 10-20 people to join that shouldn’t cost much per person.

2 Likes

@Amber I am sure this is open for everybody.

Count me in! Amsterdam is a great city and i would love to got there again anyways.

I would say this is interesting for everybody. Anyways, you might be right that would have to be pretty enthusiastic to travel from Vienna to Amsterdam for a community meetup, but if you lived in the Netherlands or close to the border, it actually not that far for a one or two day trip.

2 Likes

Sorry, @Amber, I didn’t want to exclude anyone! :ohno:

As @paulakreuzer said, I wanted to notify these users:

And yeah, @Ben is also right, I kind of saw this from the Viennese perspective. :blush: I would not have dared to think that actually so many people would be interested! :smiley: This is great! (It’s already time to think bigger! :smiley: )

1 Like

Thank you @paulakreuzer @ben @Stefan for clarifying this. Actually I was thinking about an entry in this directory for my town Düsseldorf. But relatively nearby Aachen was a day quicker than me, and I had questions about and didn’t really find a place to ask, so I finally refused to put me in.

I have subscribed at Fairphone for long time for participating in tests but didn’t get invitation yet. I would describe myself being relatively active in getting latest information and trying new inventions for Android and for Fairphone and helping people as far as I can with limited time. I am active in open source communities and like to meet and discuss with people.

Therefore my hope is to have open community talks and maybe getting to know each other personally rather than people who know each other discuss and talk only amongst each other. This was the background of my question.

Do you still have questions? Maybe this is the right place to ask: Aachen Fairphoners. If not, feel free to PM me! :slight_smile:

PS.: Düsseldorf and Aachen are not tooooo close to each other, and they are both big cities, where a lot of Fairphoners can be found! :wink:

Our Aachen meet-up last night actually included @ralfo1704 who came over the way from Düsseldorf. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually did not feel addressed by this post because I’ve only been in the community for a month or so and I also don’t own a Fairphone (yet). However, I would very much welcome this idea of renting a holiday flat for a week and visit Amsterdam and Fairphone next summer.
I could also imagine taking some (maybe not a large portion) of responsibility for this. Right now I’m not available much for planning but that should get better in the beginning of next year.
Put everything aside - count me in!

3 Likes

Don’t forget me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As I live in the south of the Netherlands I would love to join you in meeting the staff and workshops.

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye on how this develops - I’m not in the Netherlands that often anymore, but if the timing is right I’ll show up.

1 Like

Holiday flats for next summer start from ~15€/Person/night
https://www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/317693?destination_id=160418&destination_name=Amsterdam&from_date=2016-09-10&guests=8&origin=search&search_result_position=2&source_element=card&source_type=list&to_date=2016-09-17

2 Likes

I had already planned a trip to Amsterdam for sometime in the next year, this could be an excellent occasion to visit the Fairphone HQ; if I can, I come to Amsterdam in the same period so I can partecipate at the workshop (or at least say hello to the Fairphone team).

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan!

Do note that in August, many people may have their vacations planned and won’t be able to come.

21.11.2015: I sent a doodle to everyone who thinks about joining the trip to Amsterdam to see how many we would be in the end and what the best timing might be. The earlier we set the date, the more people can keep the time frame free and the earlier we book, the better place to stay we find.
If anyone else is interested please let me know!

1 Like

Thank you @Vinni! :smiley:

@Jerry: I’m a student, so both August and September would be OK for me (I’ll be travelling in Poland and the Baltics in July), but the doodle will show, what’s best for everyone. :slight_smile:

Ilove that idea! Count me in :blush:

1 Like

Sounds great! Keep me posted and I’ll try to join all the way from Northern Sweden :smile:

2 Likes

invited
:slight_smile: :thumbsup: (smileys to get more characters)

1 Like

I would love to come as well!

2 Likes