has anyone seen this? My FP1U has started behaving weirdly just now. It has serious cellular networks problems, with the network unavailable after 1 call or SMS. These are the symptoms:
- network unavailable to send/receive call/SMS after one or two calls/SMSs
- no indication of network problem (reception bars full blue at top)
- affected: call, SMS, 3G
- wifi not affected
- bluetooth probably not affected (can’t tell really: FP says pairing with Mac succeeded, Mac thinks differently)
- not a SIM-card problem: SIM works in other phone, other SIM in my phone same issue, this time with indication of network problem (reception bars red)
- I can see the name of my operator and I have full reception
- problem frequently (but not always) goes away by switching off SIM and switching on again, after which I can call 1 number (sometimes 2) or send 1 or 2 SMS
- Here is some possibly weird fields in the ##4636## phone information (not an expert, they just stand out to me):
- cell info: (blank)
- GSM-service: in use / GPRS-service: connection lost
- Fairphone Kola Nut 1.8.7
- Build W20-HL.V0035
My personal guess is, after dropping it occasionally over its 1.5 year lifetime the cellular chip and/or antenna is broken. If I’m correct this is located on the daughterboard, right? But it is just a guess as I have no diagnostic experience. Does anybody have any idea on how I can diagnose this problem?
Any input is appreciated!