- After entering the device PIN in the settings app and pressing the “encrypt” button I see a green outline of the Android-Logo for about half a second. Then the device immediately restarts.
- After the restart I’m asked to unlock SIM and Device-Pin and everything seems to work as it should, but the encryption apparently has not started.
- I can reproduce this with each attempt.
Attempts so far
- I’ve met all the requirements, the battery is fully charged, the phone is plugged into a wall charger.
- I haven’t done a reset yet, but since the phone is new I have just now set it up with no system modifications.
- I have found very little info on a similar issue on Android 4, but neither of the “solutions” worked.
- I had a FP2 before and there the device encryption worked flawlessly (back then on Android 5)
Has anyone had the problem and found a solution for it?