Encrypt phone with FairPhone Open OS

I`m really curious how someone come to this very special solution. :thinking:

Maybe because not many decades ago you had to deal with block sizes, Master Boot Record, offsets etc. to get your stuff working…?

1 Like

@StephanK
I read some more into this topic and found the core information for your calculation.
Very tricky and I believe there are not many users ever being confronted with such a situation.
I once had such a situation when using the Smartfilesystem on a magneto optical media.
But as I always had it most filesystems are stored in the first data blocks of a media or in the header.
This encrypting filesystem is being stored in the footer which is a bit irritating to me.

Yes, indeed, this is unusual although documented. I’d expect crypto headers in the beginning, too.

The calculation is not from me, by the way, but from @sil-van. He deserves the credit. :wink:

Android is such a mess that I sometimes wish that the Librem 5 will set the new benchmark for mobile operating systems. A typical linux system is much less confusing - and think about mainline support - MAINLINE!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.