Does the "My Smartphone" app work with Fairphone 3+?

Hello,

I don’t have a Fairphone yet, but I plan to buy a Fairphone 3+ (so I don’t have any experience with a Fairphone).
I am often using the “My Smartphone” App in Windows 10 (the App from Microsoft), where I can read and answer SMS, get all notifications on PC and other features.

Did anybody use the “My Smartphone” App in Windows 10 with a Fairphone?
Maybe with a Fairphone 3+?
What features of the "“My Smartphone” App are working with Fairphones?

Best regards

OLLI

This app?

It requires Android 4.4 and Fairphone 3+ runs Android 10 so I have no reason to expect anything to not work. I haven’t tried it myself yet though.

2 Likes

Hello @TheLastProject,

Yes, I mean this app, but the question is a bit more complex.

In Windows 10 you have an app called “Your Smartphone” and this app connects to your phone (if the “Your Phone Companion” is installed on the phone).

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and the “Your Smartphone” app in Windows 10 offers me the following features:

• Read and write SMS
  • See your photos and open, share, delete and copy them
  • Initiate and answer phone calls
  • See and delete the notifications of the phone

On some devices (the Microsoft Surface Duo and some newer Samsung models) there are some more features available, like accessing Android apps via your PC or mirroring the smartphone screen on your PC.

Here is the official list of supported devices:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/supported-devices-for-your-phone-app-experiences-cb044172-87aa-9e41-d446-c4ac83ce8807

On this list the Fairphone and also the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 are not listed.
So, my thought weas that the 4 features that are working on my Note 8 (see list above), are also working on the Fairphone.
But it might be possible that not all of these 4 features are available on the Fairphone (or that more features are available).

Best regards

OLLI

Given what @TheLastProject said there’s reason to think it would work as it has nothing to do with the phone make but the version of Android.

This is true for the Android App called Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows.
But I am interested what features are working with the Your Smartphone Windows 10 app in combination with a Fairphone.

I will buy a Fairphone 3+ soon and then post my results here.
So other users benefit from this information.

2 Likes

Edit:
Bought the Fairphone 3+ right now…
Yeah!

3 Likes

Maybe this Video helps understanding the Your Smartphone App a little bit better:

The “Your Smartphone” App offers me on a Fairphone 3+ the same features, that I had on my old Galaxy Note 8:

• Read and write SMS
  • See your photos and open, share, delete and copy them
  • Initiate and answer phone calls
  • See and delete the notifications of the phone

I posted a suggestion in the Microsoft Feedback hub, that they shoud support the Fairphone 3/3+ in German language.
If you want to, you can upvote the comment here; https://aka.ms/AAcenlk
This link will open the “Feedback” app in Windows 10.

Please ignore the Typo in the title of my feedback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.