Does FP2 support Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0?

I couldn’t find any information on this topic and I’m interested, if I’d be able to quickly charge my phone via Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 or higher :).

See here for processor specs of FP2 under charghing section:

AFAIK it needs to be implemented correctly in hardware AND software.

Thanks,
Singu

I never got an answer for that one, but I assume yes. As long as the right hardware (charger) and bin blob is around.

1 Like

Strange, there are only 2 options, it’s working or not… I can’t tray cause I don’t buy a FP2 as long as there is no official GAPPS-free release available.

As it’s been written here often, it’s best to ask the support and share the info with us later :slight_smile: This is just a user forum. If you’re lucky someone with a FP2 can tell you more.

I can ensure you that it is possible to build working GAPPS-free images. They still include the bin blobs but the rest works. It’s not so hard and @jftr even published a docker-image, so building your own image is pretty straight forward, it’s just a waste of time and energy.

Welcome to the nudging world :slight_smile: Where everything that is only useful for the consumer is made complicated :wink:

I was sure I’d seen something about this subject :

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204895299-Why-can-t-I-buy-a-charger-with-my-Fairphone-2-

Unfortunately, Fairphone 2 does not support quick-charging so don’t expect charging to go faster.

So the answer is no.

1 Like

That IS a little sad… why did they choose not to support it :-/!?