Does FP1 work with Sleipnir (windmeter), from http://vaavud.com?

Hi, as I am a sailor, I’m interested in using my FP1 as windmeter, too. But has not been tested, due to http://www.vaavud.com/compatibility - does anyone have experience with this?

Look at the specifications of the Fairphone. It features an E-Compass and thus should have a magnetometer.

However the E-compass has been reported to be not fully reliable:

I do not own a Vaavud Sleipnir and it seems that it is not yet available to buy, so very probably nobody will have any experiences yet.

Maybe the manufacturer can give you a right of return, in case it does not work with the FP?

The e - compas works well provided it is reset from time to time, by rotating the phone a full 360°.
For instance, when using the osmand gps software, it can track the speed direction very reasonably.
I suspect its use here would be similar, relating to windspeed.
Other than that, no exp of sleipnir here…

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for your helpful answers.
Then, I’m gone be the first to check, if FP1 works with this windmeter. Once, I got it and tested it, I will post again.
Best regards,
Jörg

2 Likes

Hi Jörg,

does it work?

Best regards
Michel

Hi Michel and colleagues,
I’m in contact with vaavud support.
They asked me for the technical specification of FP1. When looking at Support - “What are the technical specifications of the Fairphone 1(U)?”, I get the tech. specs of FP2 - strange, isn’t it?
May I ask for guidance, please, where I can find the specs of FP1?
Many thanks,
Jörg (jojo)

1 Like

I can’t find them on the website anymore either but at the Fairphone wikipedia article you can see most of the specs. (hopefully all you need)

Hi Michel,
unfortunately, not.
I got my windmeter yesterday, but the app from vaavud couldn´t connect to the sleipnir windmeter.
Hence, I asked the support, but didn´t receive an answer, yet.
Once, I know better, I´ll send you a mail.
Best regards,
Jörg

Was there an error message? Could you post a screen shot (volume-down + power button simultaneously)?