Do you have cool ideas for forum badges?

Thank You = Has at least 20 liked posts
Appreciated = Has received at least 1 like on 20 posts

But thatā€™s the same!

Thank You = Has at least liked 20 posts

would be something different. ā€¦ or not? :confused:

What I read is:
Thank You you get when you liked 20 posts writen by somebody else.
Appreciated you get when at least on every 20 posts you have writen you have received 1 like.

Since the next step from ā€œThank youā€ is ā€œGives Back: Has at least 100 liked posts and a very high like ratioā€ Iā€™d say this badge too is talking about likes you received on your posts.

So Iā€™d say they are the same, but there may be a minor difference in the coding which isnā€™t translated in the badge description which causes one person to have the appreciated badge but not the thank you badge. (Would be interesting to know who this person is - but I donā€™t have to go through them all right now).

I interpreted it as different statistical values, where:
Thank you - you have at least 20 posts i which you received a like
Appreciated - on the total amount of posts you have a mean of a like in 20 posts

So for example if I have 40 posts in which I received 2 likes I should have the Appreciated badge but not the Thank You one because I have only 2 total likes

I hope to be clear :stuck_out_tongue: but I donā€™t know if itā€™s right :smiley:

Other forums, which use the Discourse platform, have wondered about the same thing:

Apparently they already made changes to the description (which will come to the Fairphone Forum in a future update of the forum software):

2 Likes

The update is here :slight_smile: