Divest OS: Everything about Divest OS on the Fairphones

Cool, looks like no need to root the device anymore. Thanks for the link.

Will updates for DivestOS be available for FP2 after LOS drops support for 32bit phones? I didnā€™t find something about it in the News - DivestOS Mobile

@Jens1
Iā€™m still shipping monthly updates for Android 7/8/9/10, why would I drop Android 11? That is the whole point of DivestOS.

Current patch levels are here: Patch Levels - DivestOS Mobile
And the (backported) patch counts are here: Patch Counts - DivestOS Mobile

10 Likes

hi, Iā€™m new to Android custom ROMs. I want to install DivestOS on my FP4, and Iā€™m following these steps.
To my understanding, step 6 requires me to erase the avb_custom_key partition from fastboot, which allows the bootloader to check DivestOSā€™ signature. Does that mean Iā€™d have to flash avb_custom_key again (with which file?) if I ever wanted to return to fairphoneā€™s stock android and lock the bootloader?

Thanks a bunch to anybody working on DivestOS, itā€™s a blessing to see such a promising free alternative!

@Vyquos
If you wanted to go back to stock youā€™d use the fastboot image from here: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18896094650513-Installing-Fairphone-OS-Manually

It contains that key for stock.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™ve successfully installed Divest OS on my FP2. In order to register my banking app (Triodos), the app wants to verify my location and but then the process hangs (I permitted the app location service). Anyone an idea why this is and if there is a solution?

@gerritj
from reading around, you will likely need to install microG and enable location there too: Faq - DivestOS Mobile

Thanks for the quick reply! Your suggestion brought me one step further but then the app wants to make a picture of my face and suggests to reinstall Google Services to make this work. I just read a thread on the e/OS forum that there is no workaround for this issue but to contact the bank to reactivate the Identifier I used before in order to get the registration done. Iā€™ve been using the app on my previous LineageOS for years without problems (except in-app QR scanning that didnā€™'t work), so I would be happy to have it back on DivestOS.