Divest OS: Everything about Divest OS on the Fairphones

@Smojo

I recommend this app for testing: GPSTest | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

1 Like

77 seconds TTFF when I checked it outdoor today. So less than 2 min :wink:

Indoor it basically stays like this forever (slighty changing the amount of Satellites):

Anyway I understand your argumentation why you don’t add NLP support or things like that, so I will live with that for the time I will go on using DivestOS.

Will you support the FP5 one day as well?

Your post was flagged, as your location is seen, therefore I will remove the screenshot

1 Like

Oh ok, thx. What does it mean in detail?

How gets a post flagged? :thinking:
So the case the Screenshot was showing was the one were my location is not discovered, as I don’t get a GPS Fix indoor.

I dont know what @SkewedZeppelin saw

There is a Flag next to the pencil you csn click on

January Update went well and without issues.
Same procedure as last time. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Whenever I switch VoLTE on (4G Calling) I see every incoming call as „Unknown” caller.
Anybody has such issue?

I’ve always had a question:
Why do smartphones slow down after updates, whereas Linux shows performance improvements with each new version :interrobang:
Debian 12 is indeed very good; there’s been a real improvement in performance. :+1:

1 Like

@kujaw

related:

Thanks. I wish I remembered if I had it set on or off on my previous LOS system.

I can’t set Fdroid to automatically install updates. I have to install them manually. Is it correct behavior?

@kujaw
Please see Unattended updates for everyone, 1.19 is here | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

3 Likes

Cool, looks like no need to root the device anymore. Thanks for the link.

Will updates for DivestOS be available for FP2 after LOS drops support for 32bit phones? I didn’t find something about it in the News - DivestOS Mobile

@Jens1
I’m still shipping monthly updates for Android 7/8/9/10, why would I drop Android 11? That is the whole point of DivestOS.

Current patch levels are here: Patch Levels - DivestOS Mobile
And the (backported) patch counts are here: Patch Counts - DivestOS Mobile

10 Likes

hi, I’m new to Android custom ROMs. I want to install DivestOS on my FP4, and I’m following these steps.
To my understanding, step 6 requires me to erase the avb_custom_key partition from fastboot, which allows the bootloader to check DivestOS’ signature. Does that mean I’d have to flash avb_custom_key again (with which file?) if I ever wanted to return to fairphone’s stock android and lock the bootloader?

Thanks a bunch to anybody working on DivestOS, it’s a blessing to see such a promising free alternative!

@Vyquos
If you wanted to go back to stock you’d use the fastboot image from here: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18896094650513-Installing-Fairphone-OS-Manually

It contains that key for stock.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve successfully installed Divest OS on my FP2. In order to register my banking app (Triodos), the app wants to verify my location and but then the process hangs (I permitted the app location service). Anyone an idea why this is and if there is a solution?

@gerritj
from reading around, you will likely need to install microG and enable location there too: Faq - DivestOS Mobile

Thanks for the quick reply! Your suggestion brought me one step further but then the app wants to make a picture of my face and suggests to reinstall Google Services to make this work. I just read a thread on the e/OS forum that there is no workaround for this issue but to contact the bank to reactivate the Identifier I used before in order to get the registration done. I’ve been using the app on my previous LineageOS for years without problems (except in-app QR scanning that didn’'t work), so I would be happy to have it back on DivestOS.