Display flashes bright

I was hoping the new update would fix it, but I’m still having this issue…

1 Like

Hi!
I can confirm the brightnessflashes. It happens pretty much randomly but i’d agree to seeing it more often after i wake up the phone.
It definetly can happen during normal usage (browsing, etc) also.
I had it on my first fp2 in Dec 15 and now on my second fp2, so i dont think it is related to the update.
I’d like to hear what Fairphone already honestly knows about this and the flickering issues, what it is related to, if it is solvable. It is 6months after launch, this should be investigated and communicated for the sake of transparency. @Douwe

1 Like

Same flashing brightness behaviour here.

I also sometimes have these white flashes, but to me they seem to happen at random occasions. I actually thought it had to do sth with the software flipping it and ‘rebuilding’ the image, but I haven’t checked whether it might be related to CPU use or sth.

Ok, i gotta admit i was a little pissed when writing my previous post here.
But to my surprise fairphone rolled out this (unannounced?) update and solved the flickering screen entirely on my phone. :grinning:
Great work! I can even use adaptive brightness now.
I’m not sure if the brightness flashes disappeared too, but they are not that much of a problem imo.

1 Like

The flickering really diappeared with the last 1.3.6 update, that is really nice.

But I still have those occasional bright flashes/inversions of the screen. It is not really annoying, but still unexpected and I am not sure if it is “good” for the display unit…

I have the same issue. Would be nice to have it fixed, but this is not a showstopper for me to use the phone.

2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just bumping here, i have it sometimes, but as i just saw one, it doesn’t seem to be the retrolight that do it, just the colors going “whiter” for a second.

1 Like

I’m having the same phenomenon as the video shows at the beginning (0:00-0:04), especially after booting or sometimes after waking up the screen and in both cases right before and while I type my screenlock PIN.

This is another issue.

But I have this also, but only short after booting.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Now that I looked at the video again, I also experience the display flash shown at 00:23.

Also experiencing random bright flashing after waking screen up that dissipates after a couple of seconds.

1 Like

Same behavior on my phone: maybe once per day, the screen becomes overly bright when unlocking and only gets back to normal after a few seconds.

Display flashing brightly randomly occurs after unlocking the phone, even with Fairphone OS 1.4.2 installed. This should be added to the list of known issues due the high number of users reporting this.

It is on the #commonissues list.

Still having this issue. It always flashes when switching on the screen from sleep mode. Today it flashed but wouldn’t go away, i couldn’t see any text and the brightness setting didn’t help, had to do a hard re-start to remove it.
Also, i cannot switch off adaptive brightness, sorry if this has been listed elsewhere. If i switch it off in the settings, it just switches itself back on immediately. Any ideas?
Cheers.

Got a bright display flash that did not go away, I had to restart my phone to get rid of it.