Disable Camera Shutter Sound

Is there an update or new ideas regarding Fairphone’s issue with the camera shutter sound not being able to be turned off. I have a non-rooted FP2 and tried several things - all without any luck. The sound is really annoying in some cases!

Currently, I use Open Camera (opencamera.sourceforge.net) and the option to turn off the sound is not working. The manual pages state that “Shutter sound - Whether to play a sound after taking a photo. (Requires Android 4.2 or higher to disable, and even
then isn’t supported on all devices.)”. So this really seems an FP2 issue as far as I understand it.

Unfortunately, similar discussions here were closed without resolution (please search yourself, as I’m not allowed to reference them here due to forum-restrictions for new users).

They were closed because one of the first software updates (v 1.2.8) solved the issue.

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp-open-os-feature-requests-vote-for-your-favorites/12303/3?u=freibadschwimmer&source_topic_id=24189
So if you have kept your phone up to date and still encounter the problem, it could be that there is a problem with your app.

I’m using Open Camera 1.35 from F-Droid. I wasn’t able to stop the camera shutter sound. Has someone else using Open Camera succeeded with it? What settings do you use?

OK, I just installed it to be able to try. Open Camera 1.35 from FDroid - and I have no shutter sound (out of the box). Have to take that back. My phone was in silent mode and I heard nothing. But after I turned on sound in general I have a shutter sound as well. Though not on my usual camera app (“A better camera”).

OK, thanks for testing. Then it is a missing (or non working) feature of Open Camera.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.