Device not booting after flashing factory image and locking bootloader

Very interesting discovery! :+1:
I’ll have to check if that’s the case on stock FPOS as well :thinking:

In Calyx Recovery Mode is accessible through fastbootd, that might have to do with Androids general direction towards fastboot in userspace.
So you’ll have to adb reboot fastboot / fastboot reboot fastboot and select “Enter recovery” from there to get into recovery.

Update: I did some tests and it’s basically the same on stock FPOS, but in an effort to gain some more insight I checked all the other ways I could think of to access the system before the first boot.
The starting point is a freshly flashed stock FPOS, not rebooted (there’s a handy variable for that in the script):

Action Result
  • Regular boot
  • Booting _Safe mode_
| `get_unlock_ability=0`
  • fastboot reboot bootloader
  • fastboot reboot fastboot
  • fastboot reboot recovery
  • Factory Reset
|`get_unlock_ability=1`
  • adb sideload A.0116 OTA
  • fastboot boot magisk_boot.img
|failed

Regardless of what I tried, after the first successful boot it always was reset to 0
Maybe I’ll get a “free” get_unlock_ability=1 on my 10th try? :thinking:

2 Likes

Hello all,

Little question, if the case you want to switch back from CalyxOS (let’s say with get_unlock_ability=0 to stock FPOS, is the documentation from fairphone complete or do we need for example to erase custom key flashed with CalyxOS?

In the case you successfully flashed stock FPOS but that your get_unlock_ability is still 0, the only solution to relock the bootloader will be to wait for a firmware update?

Do you have any changes since it is now CalyxOS 3.5.1?

Thanks,

ps: An other question for my understanding: Why does some cutsom rom (like IodéOS) do require to unlock/lock only the non critical partition and other like CalyxOS both? Moreover, CalyxOS unlock the critical but ask us to not lock it after locking the non-critical. What are the consequence of this? I’m a little bit lost

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.