Delete my forum account

Hi there,

Although I completely agree with the reasons behind the existence of Fairphone(s), I don’t use mine anymore.

as such, I would like to have my account deleted, but I can’t find how to do this.

Can a moderator perhaps do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hm. Interesting case, I would have expected there’d be a “delete my account” button somewhere, but I can’t find one either.

Looked up the Forum’s Terms of Service, but these just say “stop using the site if you’re leaving”. Checked the Privacy Policy, too, they don’t mention termination and how to do that.

But they list support@fairphone.com as the ones to contact for privacy requests. Maybe you can just write them an e-mail and see what happens (though, if you do, maybe you can post here, too, so we’d know, too, for if our time ever comes to leave)?

Sebastian.

Sad to hear, that you gave up on the phone; or rather the phone gave up, as it seems.
Could you try another display to check, if that was the cause for your troubles?

I am just new as a moderator, but as I see it, users that have posted on the forum can not be deleted. Postings have to be deleted first. And postings that are older than 60 days can not be deleted. (Edit: Forgot to mention, that this is the case here.)
Those are restrictions by the forum software (discourse).
But I can anonymize a user.

That - to me - seems a sensible solution.
Deleting a user could turn threads into nonsense, when suddenly postings are gone missing, that have been answered or discussed by others.
Deleting postings and trying to keep the structure of threads would be a task I wouldn’t really like to take on, to be honest.
Anonymized accounts can not be identified anymore and the threads stay intact.

@anon12338420
If that’s OK, I will anonymize your account now.
Done.

Edit:
Maybe this could be added to the Terms of Service or the FAQ.
I will look into it.

7 Likes

Please can you anonymize and delete my account too?

Of course.
And if you want to join again later, you’re always welcome.
And done.

4 Likes

please anonymize me, too! thanks

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, can you anonymize my account too, please?
(interesting one can’t do this themself)

Bonjour,
Je souhaiterais effacer mon compte sur ce forum, de même que toutes les données qui y sont liées. Je ne souhaite plus recevoir de mail lié à ce forum. J’ai écrit au Fairphone Support qui me dit de m’adresser aux modérateurs du forum. Je suis finalement tombées sur ce fil de discussion qui date de 2020, si j’ai bien vu.
Est-ce qu’il est possible de résilier son compte (par nous-même ou par l’intermédiaire d’un modérateur)? Et si oui, que dois-je faire?
D’avance je vous remercie pour votre réponse.

You have done everything that’s necessary by posting your request in this thread.
I will anonymize your account, so your postings will remain visible under some “anonXXXXXXXXX” account, that can not be linked to you.
I won’t delete your account and postings, since this would make the thread you posted in rather cryptic.

3 Likes

Please can you delete my account too?

Done.

1 Like

I would like to delete my account and understand that messages first have to be deleted. I started deleting these, but I after a few I was told to wait 23 hours. I then tried to edit the posts, but this also has a limit. My account is under 60 days old, could someone please delete my posts and my account?

Hello @anon93683458, indeed an account more than 60 days old can’t be deleted (at least not simply), so we can anonymise it for you. Posts you wrote remain, but all personal information about your account (name, bio, pseudo) and your access to your account and DMs will be deleted. If that’s what you want, please tell us.
If you specifically want to delete all your posts, I fear that would require an admin action, and I also think it would make a lot of discussions not understandable. So I would avoid it if possible.

Edit: typo

4 Likes

Ok, you can anonymise my posts.

3 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please, and thanks in advance, make also the same about my account and all posts.
No more need, no care !

OK, I have anonymized your account.

Hello there,

since i sold my fairphone and am no longer interested in this forum, i wanna delete my account. unfortunately i wasnt able to find this option under my profile. any help?

thx!

What I can do for you is to anonymize your account (which I’ll do now).
Have a nice time!

4 Likes