Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Hi all,

We’ve successfully started final assembly of the Fairphone 2!

We’re working to get more details from our team members who are at our manufacturer, Hi-P’s, facility in China. Tomorrow, we should have a longer update with information how assembly is going and when there will be enough phones produced to make the first shipment to our distribution center in the Netherlands. We’ll email Fairphone 2 owners with these updates by email tomorrow.

So far, so good! :tada:

23 Likes

Fantastic news, thanks joe!

2 Likes

So the FP2 is finally on it’s way! Great to hear that good news!

Thank you for the update. I am tremendously enjoying being part of this process. Success!

2 Likes

hello , i don’t speak english . a personne can explain me about the update please ?

Which languages do you speak? Also, here are some topics for discussion in other languages where you can ask, for example: Castellano, Français, Italiano.

1 Like

I speak french , thank you for the answer :wink:

Tu peux poser ta question sur les mises à jour dans le forum français. Je suis sûr que quelqu’un va aider.
Mon français n’est pas assez bon :frowning:

2 Likes

En fait, la nouvelle était la confirmation que la production (l’assemblage final pour être précis) des premiers FP2 a décollée hier - comme prévu. Ils sont donc dans leur planning annoncé dans le dernier blog et le dernier mail :slight_smile:

That you don’t have to guess anymore:

2 Likes

Today’s production/delivery update is sent to owners by email and now on the blog.

As written in the post, we’re working to give you as much info as we can with three updates per week in this blog post. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Thank u very much!!!

Hi,
I can’t seem to find my order email / invoice email, so unfortunately don’t know my delivery number…
But depending on the delivery date (around christmas or in january), I might have to change my shipping adress. Is there any possibility for me to find out my delivery number?
Thanks in advance
Linnéa

Thanks Joe, it’s really appreciated.

My order number is 70-something - but I still can’t wait to get folding my paper version this evening!!

I have a question about this image:

I’m guessing the forklift represents the warehouse in Eindhoven, Netherlands right? Eindhoven is only 17m above sea-level so I’m wondering why the delivery truck is on lower terrain than the forklift? :confused: :wink:

7 Likes

Most phones will probably travel through Randstad, which is mostly below sea-level. At least that’s the case for the Fairphones going to all the busy Fairphone employees :wink:

2 Likes

Heh, I don’t even get back to the UK until the first week of February - hopefully my phone will be there before me…

It’s to represent the ‘last hill’ or hurdle that the phone must take before it reaches his owner. :grin:

Small update on the blog that the first (black matte) back covers are packed and ready to be shipped soon: https://www.fairphone.com/2015/12/10/fairphone-2-production-delivery-countdown/

5 Likes

Eek!! I’m so excited I’m starting to hallucinate :wink:

I love the image

1 Like

Will the back cover type (color) have an impact to the delivery order?

1 Like